defj

spl gains from switching sound deadening brands

currently my van has original dynamat,thinking of switching to the spl tiles or damplifier pro.has anyone ever done the brand switch,and if so were there any gains spl wise.thanks

nope. some people lost scores. Its a test thing.

^^..It's going to vary from vehicle to vehicle.

is one of your team mates randy r? - he is on the AudioQue comp page. His box is sick, on top how he made the AQ logo and shit.

On the OP question, it depends on the ride, but your deadner is already pretty sick but if you have the time and $$$ i say do it, and if it lowers your ##'s change that shit outttt.

It isn't about the brand but the application. Regularly following the secondskin cover everything up method will result in lower scores.

is one of your team mates randy r? - he is on the AudioQue comp page. His box is sick, on top how he made the AQ logo and shit.

On the OP question, it depends on the ride, but your deadner is already pretty sick but if you have the time and $$$ i say do it, and if it lowers your ##'s change that shit outttt.

I don't know about that... its a pain in the ass to install.

I don't know about that... its a pain in the ass to install.

It isn't about the brand but the application. Regularly following the secondskin cover everything up method will result in lower scores.

as compared to apply and test yes but i doubt u would loose as compared to no product whatsoever but I'm for as quiet as possible so :woot: for SQ

as compared to apply and test yes but i doubt u would loose as compared to no product whatsoever but I'm for as quiet as possible so :woot: for SQ

The title of the thread is SPL gains. So my comment stands.

As for lowering the noise floor of your car, I completely agree it is the BEST thing you can do to improve your overall sound it just might not help your SPL score.

I did 1 layer throughout my vehicle and was up ~1.2 dB with Damplifier Pro.

I did not have previous material to compare to, though.