Lifted07Duramax

I can get a great deal on some RF P3 12"

I was going to shoot for Fi SSDs or BLs to go with my sundown 1200d v2

But I can grab brand new Rockford P3s 12" for $220 from my buddy who bought them and decided to go a different route

I know most of you on here eat, sleep and breath car audio but over all what do you guys think of these subs honestly?

Can they handle a sundown 1200d v2 without turning everything way down?

By no means do I plan on cranking it way up, but I just dont want to blow these subs with that amp.

So for the price what would you guys do?

I would get what fits my budget and install application, I used the subs before and liked them. Sometimes these choices you have to make on your own, there is a reason you brought them to our attention over anything else you planned on buying. Either buy these if you think they are a steal or just wait until you can get the SSD's or BL's which most of us on here will tell you to get. But it is your money and your system so make a decision do you want to wait and save up more or get what you can now for a great price. Just my .02

I would get what fits my budget and install application, I used the subs before and liked them. Sometimes these choices you have to make on your own, there is a reason you brought them to our attention over anything else you planned on buying. Either buy these if you think they are a steal or just wait until you can get the SSD's or BL's which most of us on here will tell you to get. But it is your money and your system so make a decision do you want to wait and save up more or get what you can now for a great price. Just my .02

I agree most will say wait and get the SSDs, but Im not someone to pour alot of money into my system.

I "think" $220 for 2 12" P3s are a steal and I've always had rockford and never an issue with any of their subs.

Plus Id still have the warranty on them.

Do you think they can handle the 1200d without getting too crazy and boosting up all the settings?

I know these P3s love small enclosures too

Also I noticed only 4 screw holes for these subs?

Edited by Lifted07Duramax

What is wrong with having four screw holes, what does that determine? That amp is only 1200 watts, its not like it is a 3000 watt amp. Watch your gains and volume know and you will be fine, the speakers are 500 rms anyway. I liked the P3's and its your money spend it how you choose to, I would buy them and enjoy them (if you need an upgrade in the future then sell the P3's and use the money towards the upgrade).

What is wrong with having four screw holes, what does that determine? That amp is only 1200 watts, its not like it is a 3000 watt amp. Watch your gains and volume know and you will be fine, the speakers are 500 rms anyway,

I dunno I figured maybe only 4 screws could mean air leaks? Im just used to subs having 8

Youll probably all laugh but in the mean time since I hooked my system up last weekend Ive been using an RF Power HX2 and an eclipse 7200

Yes they are mis matched, but it still sounds good TO ME

Maybe not to the car audio enthusiasts (sp?)

What is wrong with having four screw holes, what does that determine? That amp is only 1200 watts, its not like it is a 3000 watt amp. Watch your gains and volume know and you will be fine, the speakers are 500 rms anyway. I liked the P3's and its your money spend it how you choose to, I would buy them and enjoy them (if you need an upgrade in the future then sell the P3's and use the money towards the upgrade).

Not bad idea, I am getting them so cheap I can probably turn around and get 75% of my money back if I decide to upgrade at the end of the year

Yeah you could sell them for a good price and get a fair amount of your money back. If your worried about leaks then get some speaker tape foam/gasket for an airtight seal.

Plastic cones, don't break 'em.

Plastic cones, don't break 'em.

Are they notorious for breaking? If so how do I avoid it? Keep it from getting deep or what?

My other RFs werent plastic cones.

OH and can they be reconed if it does happen? Id hate to wait on RFs 6-8 week turn around time frame

I never heard of RF's being reconed. I pushed my RF passed there limits and killed two of them so Im not aware of the plastic cones breaking, along with my Pioneer's and Kicker CVX's.

Fi SSD>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RF P3

Save your money. You'll be happier in the end. One thing I'VE learned in Car Audio is that you don't wanna cheap out. RF isn't gonna give you the customer service that Fi will either.

But if you really want those subs then nobody is stopping you.

They can break very easily actually. Just be careful and they will be fine.

They can break very easily actually. Just be careful and they will be fine.

x2

I had my p2 12 cone break. Hence why I am now getting the LI. I'm done with plastic cones.