porkchop

Rattlebox317's new build

unless steve spends some cash soon.......

we will be covering it with a white trunk lid of a 2001 Alero, lol

not sure what he will choose, but it will be a month before he does, i would assume.

K.I.S.S. , has always worked.

chop

I alway's try to K.I.S.S. but seem to fuck up along the way.lol. I have had a box or two that NEVER got covered. My ear's NEVER knew the difference.smile.gif

Best cuts I've ever seen a Blowe's or Home Dipshit do.

five, you spoke too soon, lol...

gotta get the saw out tomorrow and rip a 16th off two of the boards tomorrow....

but yeah, over all, they did very well for him.

it saved me a little work.

chop

a 16th is nothing, those idiots normally can't do a quarter

wow, we did luck out then...

i was disappointed in the 16th, i am sure that is half of the kurf. pick a side bro! lol

when we do stainless trim, our tolerance is a 32nd but it is not recommended that you get that sloppy.

I think they do it on purpose, they all have a sign that says "No Accurate Cuts" you ask them what it means and they say within 1/2". Either way I prefer to cut all my own as I know they are right then.

I think they do it on purpose, they all have a sign that says "No Accurate Cuts" you ask them what it means and they say within 1/2". Either way I prefer to cut all my own as I know they are right then.

Or aleast your only mad at yourself when YOU fuck up. I did construction almost 10 year's and my BIGGEST PET PIEVE was a fucked up cut. (or unplugging my cord, hose, Or just looking at me wrong.lol)

tongue.gif

Or aleast your only mad at yourself when YOU fuck up. I did construction almost 10 year's and my BIGGEST PET PIEVE was a fucked up cut. (or unplugging my cord, hose, Or just looking at me wrong.lol)

tongue.gif

i always hated dragging welding lead across a bar joist 175 feet in the air and it snag mid stride, that nose bleed like feeling that comes over you just sucks!

oh, off topic there , but you said pet pieve and construction, that came to mind, lol

i've seen times i would like to beat someone to death with a unplugged shop vac hose!!!!

lmao

Your better than me Chop, I am only good to about 40-50 ft. I seen your pic of you at work and said fuck that, I will deal with blood and assh*le people over that anyday. You gotta love the rush though.smile.gif

Edited by j-roadtatts

i think i might just go with the wood as is i kind of like it simple . i just want it in my car really lol, or white lol no wood i got WOOD

got a little further today, nothing really worth a picture though..... :peepwall:

re-cut the two boards to proper height , glued and attatched the second baffle, added a bunch of liquid nails to some of the corners......

and well , thats about it.

perhaps tomorrow will wotk out to be more productive.... :shrug:

chop

:popcorn:

oops, i guess i lied, i did take just a couple of pics to share today.....

i was at DD9915!!!'s shop, (((Ecessive Db's))), today and got to play around with a DC Audio lvl 5 12" and a lvl 4xl 15" ....

notice the ol' Dakota box, yup starting to do the demo work!

1-12.jpg

i told lil man that we was going to put one of those big ol' subs in his new Jeep......

1-9.jpg

baffle # one....no, it is not warped like that lol, just a camera trick.....

1-11.jpg

add some glue..... tight bond three please....

1-10.jpg

and , unfortunetly, i stopped taking pics after that. i got to talking to the mechanic about fixing the dakota next week,

forgot all about steve's crap at that point,

hope i glued that other board on!

chop

Nice progress and looking good brother chop. I know it has helped that the weather is cooperating a little for a damn change. It looks like steve is gonna be bangin before me :shrug:

Nice work Chop. This is a very clean enclosure!:drink40:

Those DCs are frigin manstas!

had alot to do today, did not get alot done on the box.....

but did manage to get a few pics of what little progress we did make....

first, had to go to the grocery store and get the shopping done for the week.....

i hate taking the kids shopping!

1-21.jpg

used liquid nail on allthe 90's

1-19.jpg

cut a few 45's for the corners.........

1-20.jpg

got them all cut, free hand with the ol' cicular saw.....

1-15.jpg

glued, clamped and braced the 45's in, until they were dry....

1-16.jpg

and......we went out and got the paint for the box and some hardware for the car in general....

steve installed the second battery and finished up the last part of the big three....

he also removed a few cubic feet of trash from the trunk, lol....

did not take any more pics, but all the 45's are in and drying over night.....

will be doing the liquid nail and silicon treatments tomorrow and painting the inside of the port area....

install the neon, cut the speaker hole out of the baffle, throw the top on, paint the outside....

perhaps wednesday we will have sound.

chop

lookin great. im gonna have to meet up with you guys once you all get ur systems rollin...i finally got my license back so its time to check out some other peoples stuff. whats the thickness on that wood? looks thicker than 3/4

my lowes doesnt carry mdf...gay. and the menards said they wont cut sheets of wood...its to difficult and time consuming...exact words.

x2. I had some wood cut recently and after 2 or 3 cuts I realized they were 1/8-1/4" off. Turns out they couldn't cut a straight cut on a panel saw! They really cut 1/4" off after just 4 feet. I had my table saw stolen but used someone elses for a bit to make my own cuts.

That's a nice looking sub, and good work. Waiting for more pics.

Pretty good looking free-hand cuts btw- though I'd tip the cart before letting someone ride in it.

lookin great. im gonna have to meet up with you guys once you all get ur systems rollin...i finally got my license back so its time to check out some other peoples stuff. whats the thickness on that wood? looks thicker than 3/4

we are definetly down for that....once spring breaks loose and the weather stays in our favor, our cruise strip is ftw, you gotta come chill with all of us on a weekend....

with out exagerating, there can be 40 to 60 cars out there.... all kinds.....

it is a big thing here in Indy.

the mdf is .75 , just looks bigger i guess.

chop

x2. I had some wood cut recently and after 2 or 3 cuts I realized they were 1/8-1/4" off. Turns out they couldn't cut a straight cut on a panel saw! They really cut 1/4" off after just 4 feet. I had my table saw stolen but used someone elses for a bit to make my own cuts.

That's a nice looking sub, and good work. Waiting for more pics.

Pretty good looking free-hand cuts btw- though I'd tip the cart before letting someone ride in it.

lol, did not tip the cart but he took a nasty ride through the double doors going to the back of the store....

the ol' cicular saw is the only way i know.... i truly guess i lucked out on the lowes chopping up the lumber for us.

chop

That is odd that Lowe's doesn't carry 3/4 inch MDF in your area... as far as the cutting goes you got to get the right person there to cut for you.....lol...... Sometime people get in a hurry and forget to cut over that little bit to account for the blade..... But hey we aren't all perfect and Lowe's is just like any other big box store they make mistakes.... But still the box looks great Chop and I can't wait to here reviews on the sub and box.....

Hawk

we are definetly down for that....once spring breaks loose and the weather stays in our favor, our cruise strip is ftw, you gotta come chill with all of us on a weekend....

with out exagerating, there can be 40 to 60 cars out there.... all kinds.....

it is a big thing here in Indy.

the mdf is .75 , just looks bigger i guess.

chop

40-60 cars? thats badass...there is barely that many people in my chitty town lol...ill def have to pop down there.

got a little further on the box today....

also spent most of the day on the road, so lost several hours....ftl!

had the 45's sitting over night, took the braces and clamps off this morning....

and they all stayed in place! ftw! lol

1-22.jpg

used liquid nails on all of the seems, just a little added peace of mind that no air will be leaking out.

cut the hole out in the baffle for the sub ....

1-26.jpg

1-27.jpg

1-25.jpg

1-24.jpg

softened up the edges a little around the hole as well....

we will be inverting the sub on this install.

Looks great bro! :drink40: