Rush24

SSD's or BL's? Help!

So would I be better off gettin an Ssd or bl? I'm jus getin one fifteen and I'm not lookin for sound quality jus wanna shake houses and go deaf ;) and also I hav a Pontiac grand am.. Wuld the subs be better firing up.. In the cab? As of now they are facing outside(ATM I have 2 12" inch kicker cvrs powerd by 1000 watt kenwood in a pretty big ported box takes up most of my trunk)

go with a BL and as for the box, fire it facing the trunk

Are you upgrading your amp?

"If you plan to use a rear firing setup in a trunk car, make sure your box doesn’t seal off the trunk from the passenger compartment. You need to leave some space for the waves to pass back into the interior of the car. Either make the box as low as possible so the wave passes over the box and enters the cabin via the seatback and rear deck, or reduce the width of the box so the wave can pass to the side and into the car’s interior. A big, giant box may make your trunk extremely loud, but all you’ll hear is muffled rattle if the box takes up the whole space behind the rear seat and under the rear deck." - AudioQue

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh yeah... get the BL :)

Edited by BanginGMC

Go with the BL, and be courteous to those around you.

Yes eventualyy I will get a beter amp but for right now I'm stuck with then kenwood. Thanks guys y'all hav rly hlpd me out. The box I have now allows the waves to travel but with the Subs facing up.. Wouldn't that make it Rattle more?and my port wuld have to face back right? Which way would be the best

Testing will tell you which one would be best but usually sub and port firing towards the rear is better.

Alright.. What amp wuld y'all reccomend for one bl 15 and what wires/Batteries anything that wuld hlp

Alright.. What amp wuld y'all reccomend for one bl 15 and what wires/Batteries anything that wuld hlp

KnuKoncepts for your wiring needs, XS Power Batteries for you battery needs(contact nathan @ XS Power) and Sundown Audio for your amp needs. Make sure you do the Big Three wiring (http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/THE-BIG-3-t200.html) in 4 awg or bigger, depending on factory wiring size but most use 1/0awg wire. Buy a voltmeter and install it so you can watch your voltage.

But really what would help us is your budget you have available for amp, battery, wiring and so on? Are you getting the BL with the BP option or not (a 1500rms amp would suffice).