c@raudi0

Fi BTL off of 1200rms???

I have a 2 cubic foot box ported at 32 hz, and a hifonics amp that puts out "1200" rms at 1 ohm. Would a BTL run ok with this setup???

I have a 2 cubic foot box ported at 32 hz, and a hifonics amp that puts out "1200" rms at 1 ohm. Would a BTL run ok with this setup???

I dont see why not since there is no problem with underpowering a subwoofer (make sure you get a D2 voice coil subwoofer).

so the BTL would be better than the Q or the BL? even though the power i am running would be more geared towards a Q or a BL? i was originally planning on getting a Q or a BL, but i want "the best" haha. but i dont want to have to upgrade my amp quite yet, so i was just wondering if this would be better than going with a Q or BL... thanks guys

edit- you posted right before I did or at least before I saw it. so nevermind.

so the BTL would be better than the Q or the BL? even though the power i am running would be more geared towards a Q or a BL? i was originally planning on getting a Q or a BL, but i want "the best" haha. but i dont want to have to upgrade my amp quite yet, so i was just wondering if this would be better than going with a Q or BL... thanks guys

Yes the BTL will be superior to the BL and Q no matter how many watts you give it.

There is absolutely no reason to go with a woofer rated lower than another because you plan to use less power. The BTL will be louder than the SSD, Q, and BL in optimal enclosures. That is how it's designed.

ok thanks. Does anyone know when they will be putting the updated Q back into the lineup?

Yeah in March of 2010.

ok thanks. Does anyone know when they will be putting the updated Q back into the lineup?

After what we just said you want a Q? You are not a Q buyer, the Q is not designed for what you want.

Yeah in March of 2010.

It is March. :o

Yeah in March of 2010.

:Doh:, but the month isnt over with so still almost a whole month left for these to come out. Be patient fellas.

Yeah in March of 2010.

There are also 28 more days in March.

well i dont think i'm gonna go with the BTL because of just th money issue..... so would a SSD with the BP power option and the flatwind coil option be a significant upgrade to what i have right now? which is a RE SE running off of my amp at 2 ohms. so i'd be running the SSD with the BP power option at 1 ohm. and what exactly does the flatwind coil option do?

well i dont think i'm gonna go with the BTL because of just th money issue..... so would a SSD with the BP power option and the flatwind coil option be a significant upgrade to what i have right now? which is a RE SE running off of my amp at 2 ohms. so i'd be running the SSD with the BP power option at 1 ohm. and what exactly does the flatwind coil option do?

Gotta search for information, SSD Enclosure Recommendations - SSA Car Audio Forum

If your smart with the volume knob.

The amp wont be putting out 1200 rms all the time, since music is dynamic. You will be fine, set your gains right and volume knob control is key.

FWIW, people have ran std SSDs from 1200w and had no issues, but then you hear others being ruthless and breaking things.

A fully loaded SSD will be fine with 1200w. I'd probably look at a Q though if you can spare the extra exspense.

I still say a fully loaded SSD is a great choice for a daily ground pounder on a budget!

pshh, SSDs are weak. The old version with BP and copper coils could only handle 1500 watts daily.

:peepwall: See what I did there. hehe.