Sign in to follow this  
bowtieguy

Wanting to upgrade

This is something I am saving up for, so semi budget minded. I currently have 2 JL Audio 12w3v3 in a sealed box about 3.6 cub with 1500 rms MA Audio amp. I want to upgrade amp and subs. Subs will help decide what amp I get, I am trying to decide between a pair of Sundown SA-12 and SSA ICON 12. I have been looking and studing both for a while but cant decide since I have heard great about both, and looking for some advice to persuade me one way or another. This will be for a daily driver setup listening to rap/rock mostly. I prefer to stay with a sealed box but a new box will be made for the new subs. If it helps this is going in a 95 Mazda B3000 xcab.

considering i just asked the same question, check out my thread :D

hope it helps

-Stefan

hope it helps

-Stefan

Similiar but xcons are not in my range since I want a pair thats why I was looking at the icons instead

hope it helps

-Stefan

Similiar but xcons are not in my range since I want a pair thats why I was looking at the icons instead

sorry, I misread

If this is a budget-minded setup and you plan on running more power, make sure you have money in your budget for electrical upgrades.

Also, what do you want to change about your current setup? What did you not like about it?

If this is a budget-minded setup and you plan on running more power, make sure you have money in your budget for electrical upgrades.

Also, what do you want to change about your current setup? What did you not like about it?

I have the big 3 done already will do more as needed. The current set up is ok just looking for more output but with decent quality still too. Its a semi budget minded, I am saving up money for one or the other. If I go the Icon route i just save a little longer.

You want to decide between a pair of sa12 and a pair of Icon? Or one Icon against a pair of sa 12 ?

An Xcon is cheaper than a pair of Icon.

You can keep your amp, and use this money for a good custom box. This would be better.

I would prefer a pair of 12s either sa or icons and plan to build the box myself. I am pretty good at that and can save some money on that part too.

If you want more output look at going ported. A properly designed and built ported enlcosure will yield great reults.

Look into the Sundown SAZ-1000D as it's on sale in the SSA store. The SSA ICONS are a great woofer. Check out Pound That Sound under the fabricator forum and check out what Trevor has achieved with the ICONS.

:) :)