audioman21

Audio Control matrix (line driver)

Anybody have any suggestions, pros or cons about this? I have a nice JVC (forget the model#) that has a bad a@@ equalizer and five volt preouts, and basicly everything I want in a headunit. I've done a lot of research on here and in general about line drivers, some people swear by them and some say they are a waste of money. Anyways I came across an Audio Control video that explained the said line driver and they were saying that like power wire rca's tend to lose a little power with longer runs and could possibly pick up noise and such. In general I'm looking to get just the cleanest signal I can get and was wondering if i could get that by adding this piece? I'm not worried about the price, I just want to know if this would be beneficial or not? I know Audio Control makes superior stuff. I was also looking into a new line driver type deal Rockford has out but I need a three in three out deal and the Fosgate was only one in one out. By the way heres a link to the matrix.

AudioControl MATRIX (matrix-gray) - Line Drivers - Sonic Electronix

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

All that sounds like a marketing gimmick to me, you have what you need. Now if your system seems like it is missing something then let us know what you want but this wont make a difference in your current setup.

Doesn't seem like its missing something, I just want the rca's to have the strongest signal and clarity possible even if there is some overkill. I know its already good just seeing if threse a way to make it even better.

Edited by audioman21

Just because your headunit says 4 volts/5volts or 2 volts pre-out it wont see that anyway so it wont matter how high you go with a line driver. I used a line driver before and if used wrong or you dont know what your doing then you will kill some speakers. If your system isnt missing anything then you dont need anything, now if you want to buy something then all means it is your money so buy it.

Except for a couple specific scenarios, line drivers are generally a waste-o-money. Stronger signal does not inherently mean audibly better sound, audibly less noise, or better clarity. If you don't have any noise issues with your current setup, then a line driver is going to do nothing other than take $150 out of your pocket.

A number of competitors run them, but like said above, it is in a very specific application.

A number of competitors run them, but like said above, it is in a very specific application.

And regularly even misapplied there.