Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the Rockford Fosgate RF-BLD. it says install it as close to the source unit as possible, why is that? Why can't it go in the trunk by the amp?

Are you sure you need it? 99% of people don't need them.

Its probably so it has a clean signal, but you wont need it.. im guessing haha

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the Rockford Fosgate RF-BLD. it says install it as close to the source unit as possible, why is that? Why can't it go in the trunk by the amp?

They probably mean between the source unit and whatever is next such as crossovers or amps, that is how most line drivers are. Why do you think you need it?

hey i had a buddy with one, past tense, and he regrets ever spending th 50-60$ on it.!.

but if you really need one they go inbetween the inputs of the amp and the h/u

you hook them up to a +12 sources

you set the gain on them for say 5volts

and then set the gain on your amp accordingly

they only say to keep it as close as posible so you keep the integrity of the signal strengh, as the run gets longer there is more of a changes of interferance and noise and blah blah so to get the best quality signal keep it close... does it matter if you put it 10ft or 10inch from the h/u for my buddy's setup NO, he also DID NOT need it!

so what you trying to tell him is if there are 6billion ppl on the Earth only about 60,000 people actualy need one of these inventions? lol! i like Less ppl then that need them lol!

Installing it near the amp partially defeats the purpose.

Ideally the higher signal voltage increases the signal to noise ratio of the signal transfer. The noise being induced into your system is independent of the voltage of the signal. It will stay the same regardless. So as you increase the voltage of the signal the level of the noise will be smaller in proportion to the signal, which increases the signal to noise ratio. If you place it near the amp, then the signal traveling the farthest (and typically noisiest) distance is the "original" voltage level from your headunit, and you aren't increasing the signal voltage until after the noise has already entered the signal (which means the voltage level of the noise will also be increased since it's now part of the signal at this point).

The RF-BLD also features balanced differential outputs which aids in noise reduction. Again, if you are using this feature then having the unit placed near the amp would defeat the purpose. You would want this placed on the source side of the signal transfer so that any noise induced during the signal transfer is able to be handled by the balanced system. If you put the system in the trunk, then the signal entering the unit already has the noise included with the signal.

Putting the unit in the trunk would be a little like putting a condom on after you've had sex.

That said.....why do you think you need one?

Installing it near the amp partially defeats the purpose.

Ideally the higher signal voltage increases the signal to noise ratio of the signal transfer. The noise being induced into your system is independent of the voltage of the signal. It will stay the same regardless. So as you increase the voltage of the signal the level of the noise will be smaller in proportion to the signal, which increases the signal to noise ratio. If you place it near the amp, then the signal traveling the farthest (and typically noisiest) distance is the "original" voltage level from your headunit, and you aren't increasing the signal voltage until after the noise has already entered the signal (which means the voltage level of the noise will also be increased since it's now part of the signal at this point).

The RF-BLD also features balanced differential outputs which aids in noise reduction. Again, if you are using this feature then having the unit placed near the amp would defeat the purpose. You would want this placed on the source side of the signal transfer so that any noise induced during the signal transfer is able to be handled by the balanced system. If you put the system in the trunk, then the signal entering the unit already has the noise included with the signal.

Putting the unit in the trunk would be a little like putting a condom on after you've had sex.

That said.....why do you think you need one?

:roflmao: greatest analogy ever

lol i think i need one now lol!!! (a RF line driver ) sales man by chances? :drink40:

so what you trying to tell him is if there are 6billion ppl on the Earth only about 60,000 people actualy need one of these inventions? lol! i like Less ppl then that need them lol!

6 billion people aren't into car audio though. ;)

good point! my o my you are a quick one!! but this also doesn't look very good for a line driver lol!

6 billion people aren't into car audio though. ;)