K2rush7

3 fi ssd 18's vs. 2 fi bl 18's

right now i have 1 fi btl 15 fully loaded and a sundown 3500d i hit a 147.3 on two 40 amp fuses ( meca mod 2) but i will be moving to meca mod 3 and was wondering which would be louder with the 3500. i have a 2004 cavalier and it's walled off so space is not an issue... the three ssd 18's would be the new model fully loaded and would be dual 1's for a 1.3 ohm load and 3 40 amp fuses. the tho bl's would also be fully loaded d1's for a 1 ohm load and would have 3 50 amp fuses... thanks for the help

id go with the ssd's, more cone area ftw!!!

My opinion I would go with the SSDs also..

Edited by BaMF101

i emailed fi thursday asking scott or nick if the ssd could be custom ordered to be more spl based than just "loaded" but no one has responded so i figured i'd put it up here and maybe one or the other would chime in

They're very backed up, it may be a little bit due to getting some items through customs.

More cone area, more motor force, more heat dissipation, etc.

Dont want to steal the thread but

When you want more Bass, its better to go for more cone area than more RMS?

Considering we are talking about Fi and their line of subwoofer only. Considering same size, 2 SSDs would be better than 1 BTL even when the BTL has more RMS?

RMS is only rated power handling in watts, while the BTL would get louder than only one SSD, with two it's not fair anymore.

also scott e-mailed me back late last night ans the ssd's will be tweaked to be more spl geared : ) .... gotta love FI'S customer service!!! fi FTW!