So I just purchased the Audioque AQ3500D amp and an Optima Yellow top for the front. I will be doing 2 runs of 1/0AWG wiring, a 300A Iraggi alt, and a second battery in the rear. I only want ONE battery for the trunk, and right now im torn between the Kinetik HC2400 and the XS Power D3100 (which im kinda leaning towards). Which of these batteries do you guys think I should run on this setup? Also, Im looking at the XS Power VCM. Will this electrical setup be sufficient? I want to be able to run this amp full tilt daily with little to no voltage drop. Thanx.

Looks ok on paper, but really no one can say it is for a fact. You will have some drop, zero drop is asking as bit much.

You will just have to try it and keep an eye on the voltage.

I will be running XS for my next batteries.

go XS for sure!!

there are some rumor floating around about a kinetik battery, if you charge them over 14.4volts there life spans will deteriate, but others will say otherwise!

The HC2400 has more Ah than the XS does. not by much though. so in my opinion I would go with the hc2400 and a hc1400 up front or bigger if you can fit it.

Haven't heard about the charging issue with the kinetiks. have to look into that.

Looks ok on paper, but really no one can say it is for a fact. You will have some drop, zero drop is asking as bit much.

You will just have to try it and keep an eye on the voltage.

I will be running XS for my next batteries.

right. sounds good from the description. but the only way to see if it works for you is to try it yourself.

Yeah. Ive read numerous forum post and heard many people say that about the Kenetiks. Ive used smaller Kinetiks before, but this time around I plan on using the XS Power VCM and the last thing i want is my $250 inverstment taking a poo on me. The other big concern i have is space. I really only want ONE battery in my trunk and i just dont kno if the 2400 will be strong enough. The amp puts out 4300W+ 1ohm @14.4v. Im looking to do 15.3v on a daily setup and i do have a tendancy to crank the volume knob (NOT GAIN LOL) often.

Look into the HC3800. that is the new monster from kinetik

HC3800 battery

The HC2400 has more Ah than the XS does. not by much though. so in my opinion I would go with the hc2400 and a hc1400 up front or bigger if you can fit it.

Haven't heard about the charging issue with the kinetiks. have to look into that.

When it comes to car audio AH doenst mean anything when comparing batteries, give this a read:

XS Power Batteries for my application - SSA Car Audio Forum

Post #13

When it comes to car audio AH doenst mean anything when comparing batteries, give this a read:

XS Power Batteries for my application - SSA Car Audio Forum

Post #13

It makes sense, but if you have 3 batteries, 100Ah each, making the total Ah 300. pushing a system that is pulling around 300 amps. wouldn't that be better as far as playing longevity goes than some batteries equaling 200ah.

Well more batteries would always be better, not just cause of AH but for the simple fact now you have more power to make power. Im not a battery expert just passing along what was told to me thats all, maybe someone with better battery knowledge could chime in.

well of course you said it best Jay-cee, "you need power to make power" so yea more batteries would be better.

but i'm talking about just blasting the system for an extended period of time like when demoing at a competition or something like that.

well of course you said it best Jay-cee, "you need power to make power" so yea more batteries would be better.

but i'm talking about just blasting the system for an extended period of time like when demoing at a competition or something like that.

Honestly Im not keen on this area but if someone would let s know it will clear things in the air, lately I have been getting harassed by the competition bug so I would like to know as well.

Sorry for getting your topic out of hand OP. :peepwall:

so you wnat to blast your car all day long at a comp i assume with the car on or with a battery charger right?

umm as for AH first lets look at the definition

Ampere-hour(s): A measure of battery capacity. A 4Ah battery could, for instance, deliver 1A for 4 hours, 1/2A for 8 hours, etc.

keep in mind ppl like to use around 150-300amp( 1500-3000rms~) setups so for extended periods of time having a boat load of batteries or a simple charging unit on the batteries is ideal!

so with that being said the more AH the long you can use your batteries with the car off and no charger... this is only safe if you keeping an eye on your voltage meter!

but if you have a alt (car on) or battery charger constantly charging up the front/read batteries ah is THAT important, although ppl i talk to tend to think otherwise!

plus with the battery in the front and battery in the rear the AH adds up! also the require AH is roughly half the amout of require fusing for your amp! for example my SAZ2000 requires a 200amp fuse so i need at least 100AH to run that amp with the car off for any extended amount of time! but with the car on (charging it up) i will not need that much AH to support the amp!

does this help some..if not i got a few information video's i can share about AH and batteries and what not!

so you wnat to blast your car all day long at a comp i assume with the car on or with a battery charger right?

umm as for AH first lets look at the definition

Ampere-hour(s): A measure of battery capacity. A 4Ah battery could, for instance, deliver 1A for 4 hours, 1/2A for 8 hours, etc.

keep in mind ppl like to use around 150-300amp( 1500-3000rms~) setups so for extended periods of time having a boat load of batteries or a simple charging unit on the batteries is ideal!

so with that being said the more AH the long you can use your batteries with the car off and no charger... this is only safe if you keeping an eye on your voltage meter!

but if you have a alt (car on) or battery charger constantly charging up the front/read batteries ah is THAT important, although ppl i talk to tend to think otherwise!

plus with the battery in the front and battery in the rear the AH adds up! also the require AH is roughly half the amout of require fusing for your amp! for example my SAZ2000 requires a 200amp fuse so i need at least 100AH to run that amp with the car off for any extended amount of time! but with the car on (charging it up) i will not need that much AH to support the amp!

does this help some..if not i got a few information video's i can share about AH and batteries and what not!

Thanx a lot bro!! This actually helped explain a lot. When I said cranking the music all day, I meant driving. Havent really started on the comp circuit as this is my first big build. So my 300A alt would/should provide adequate charging, right? I do a lot of driving on a daily basis, so the rpm are always above 2500. I just dont have the space to put a large bank of batteries in my vehicle which is why I want to get one big one. Thanx again for all you guys input. It really helps to see what everyone else is doing with there setups.

with a 300amp alt you should be good!

I was supporting a 2krms setup with a 120amp (OME alt) with 2-batcap 2000 (50AH SUPER small batteries 6.5x7x6)

http://www.batcap.net/Products/BatCapProductLine/BatCap2000ElectricCarBattery/tabid/89/Default.aspx

and it had no issue plus right now i plan on running a 5krms on a 200amp h/o ALT.

the ONLY reason why i upgraded my alt is b/c my OME one was 6years old and starting to give the ghost lol plus my next setup will need a little more beef lol!

and you are welcome! glad i could help with some insight,

a little more info i will be running

2-nsb90

2-saz2000(or 2500 we will see)

2-NS 15inch d2 subs

2- Positive runs from front to rear

1- h/o alt (200amp alt)

big 3 in 1/0

XS Power > Kinetik!

Make sure you do the Big 3 in 1/0 gauge!

XS Power < Kinetic!

Make sure you do the Big 3 in 1/0 gauge!

why? price? personal peferance?

Nothing wrong with Kinetik just more of a personal taste and the testing XS has done just sold me on them over Kinetik!

Nothing wrong with Kinetik just more of a personal taste and the testing XS has done just sold me on them over Kinetik!

Same with me, I plan on getting in on the group buy!

Thanx for all the input guys. I think ive made my decision so i'll be running:

-Kenwood DDX-814 receiver

-Iraggi 300A alt

-XS Power D1200 (front)

-XS Power D3100

-XS Power VCM (set at 15.3v)

-2 runs of 0awg (+ and -)

-2 Audioque HDC3-12s (copper coils)

-Audioque AQ3500D (clamped at 4200W@1ohm)

-Audioque AQ4x90 (mids/highs)

-MB Quart 6.5" and 6x9" component sets

-4.4cu.ft. ported enclosure tuned to 36Hz

I hope the electrical will be enough. As I said before, this is my first big build i've ever done so im just wanting to do it right the first time. Any input about my setup and build would be much appriciated!!!

wow sounds like it is going to be a killer setup!! i like it! i can't wait for the build log!!!

2-12's on 3500-4000rms!! lol.

the only thing i suggest you do is the BIG 3!! and then you will be good to go!!

wow sounds like it is going to be a killer setup!! i like it! i can't wait for the build log!!!

2-12's on 3500-4000rms!! lol.

the only thing i suggest you do is the BIG 3!! and then you will be good to go!!

Oh of course bro!!! Definately doing the big 3. But i did have a question in regards to the fuses when running the 2 runs of 1/0awg. I was planning on getting (4) 200A fuses (one fuse on each run after each battery) and then using the KnuKonceptz 3way distribution blocks that also has a 150A fuse (so a total of (4) 200A fuses and (1) 150A fuse. Does this sound right? And are you guys just using ring terminals on the ends of the 1/0awg to connect to the batteries?

yes for the ring terminals!

now for fusing,, i didn't quite understand (b/c i am slow) but never fuse a ground wire!

when fusing between batteries FUSE to the WIRES limits! for example i have the KNU klossus wiring and it is RATED for 300amps, so the fuse i use in that one is 300amps!

when going from a battery to an amp:

a) if the amp has fusing on it don't worry about it

aii) some ppl like to be double safe so fuse to the amp, IE if the amp has 100amps of fusing on it use a 100amp fuse on the line going from battery to amp

b) if the amp has NO fusing ON board fuse to the recommendated fusing! IE my saz2000 it is recommended to fuse it with a 200amp fuse!

remember from battery to battery fuse to the wires limits! no need to restrict valuable current!

Make sense?

o 1 more thing use 2 fuse on each + run! 1 fuse within 12inch of each battery! to be safe!

and since you are using fuses i assume you want to be safe and not burn down you car lol!

o 1 more thing use 2 fuse on each + run! 1 fuse within 12inch of each battery! to be safe!

and since you are using fuses i assume you want to be safe and not burn down you car lol!

Haha yeah dude, definately not trying to do that!! LOL!! Ok so from the second battery to the amp, i dont need a fuse. And from the front battery to the rear battery, 2 fuses on each run? I think I got it (i hope, LOL)