faaaaq

Fi Q12, bandpass box, question about output

ok, well i had planned tp put a Fi BTL in my Fiero, but the only practical way to put a nice large sub in a Fiero is to either use the front storage or the trunk, using a bandpass box and porting to the cab. i had an email conversation with Scott about a bandpass box for the BTL, and he said it wouldnt work too well for a daily driver situation. so i described my situation to him and he suggested the Q or the BL. I told him id be plenty happy with the Q. he gave me specs for a nice bandpass box for the Q, and said it would have a nice flat response for frequencies between 20 and 80 hertz. this is a quote from the email, "It will take some work to get things to fit correctly, but if you had .8 cuft sealed on the rear and .5 cuft up front (all dimensions are after port or driver displacement) with a single 4" aeroport that is 23" long. This will give you a nice flat response from the low 20s in car to above 80 Hz." now here are my questions...

Will i need to add midbass speakers/woofers for 80-150hz (or whatever lol) or will the Q produce them alright in this setup?

Does anybody know what kind of output i could expect in terms of dB? I would hope to be able to out-boom my buddy's CVRs lol, especially since i kept saying how insanely loud my Fiero will be when i get the BTL (which im not getting anymore obviously lol). Im not asking which is better or anything like that, im just curious as to what dBs i can expect to make, and if it will be louder than two 12 inch CVRs getting 400ish watts a piece. ill be feeding the Q 1000 watts, or more if you think it will be able to handle it on a daily basis?

The subwoofer should not be playing above 80 Hz. Your right that's what midbass is for.

You don't seem like a Q buyer though, as the Q isn't made for loud it is designed for quality. You want to be louder than your friend with twice the cone area you have, go with a BL as it would be louder than the Q.

By definition a Bandpass won't let you play things high. It only passes a small band of frequencies. You will most definitely need midbass etc. Asking about boom and CVR beating screams BL, not Q.

By definition a Bandpass won't let you play things high. It only passes a small band of frequencies. You will most definitely need midbass etc. Asking about boom and CVR beating screams BL, not Q.

I know that. My goal is not to be louder than my friend, I just said it would be cool to be. I also know what bandpass means, I was simply wondering if I would NEED midbass

Either is fine in a BP, not sure of your space though.

As for NEED that is up to you. For me I'd MUCH rather have a midbass than a sub.

Either is fine in a BP, not sure of your space though.

As for NEED that is up to you. For me I'd MUCH rather have a midbass than a sub.

well, while the thread is still alive lol, any suggestions on what to use for midbass? id rather not ask the guys at the shop, because they are authorized RE dealers, so theyd just peddle me something RE or something else expensive lol

It depends on what type of amplification and processing power you have.

And everything else you have. A complete system idea would be good to share...