Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nelson

Upgrade to Mach 5 IXL-10's. Some questions

Hey guys, pretty new to this forum. I currently run a boston acoustic G512-44 off of a rockford p1000-1bd amp. It is in a sealed box and sound really good. I gets pretty loud, ok for my ears anyways, 120-130. But anyways, I was thinking about getting two Mach 5 IXL-10 BR woofers. My goal of this upgrade is to have the same great sound just add a little more oomph once in a while. I do not usually crank it all the time, but when I'm in the mood, I would like a more output.

I listen to Rock/Rap almost all of the time, with some classic rock and R&B sometimes. Not sure whether I would go ported or sealed. (ported with the BR series of course) Has anyone used the IXL-10's here? or have any input?

Thanks

Note: I am about to do big 3 upgrade. Budget would be around price of two IXL's. And right now they are on sale $109 apiece.

Edited by Tony Nelson

I have used the IXL 18, great driver for the money. I believe there is a review on here somewhere about the 10" model.

I have used the IXL 18, great driver for the money. I believe there is a review on here somewhere about the 10" model.

I have been trying to find reviews on them for a while. I did find a pretty good one, and it was very informative. I also like the recommended box size, pretty small, as I could run 2 of them in about 1.2 cu. ft. tuned at 30hz. I just do not want, and wont, fill up my trunk with woofers. I always have golf clubs or baseball equipment in there. I don't really want to run another 12 as that is boring. I've never had 10's before and these look to be a good performer. The IXL's are stated as being more sound quality driven instead of spl, which is what I am conserned with.

Just seeing if anyone here has used them.

Anyone have an idea of how these two 10 would compare to my G5 in terms of sound quality and output?