Sign in to follow this  
tccoble

IA vs SSA

I am running a Pioneer DEH P7200hd and two Diamond Audio D1 6.5 components in my 2002 GMC Sierra. I want to run two 10"subs in a fitted down firing box under the rear seat(extended cab). I'm planning on using a Sundown SAZ1000D at 2ohms. The box I would like to use is only .77cu ft., which subs do you think would perform better in that limited airspace;

2 Incriminater Audio 10" 187series

or

2 SSA 10"DCON

or

2 Resonant Engineering 10" SRx

or

2 Diamond Audio 10"D1

?????

Please help,

thank you.

p.s. any other suggestions would also be helpful, but I'd like to stay away from mainstream brands if possible

Edited by tccoble

.77ft^3 Each chamber?

yep, thats what the shop says. Unless someone knows of a bigger box that will fit under the back seat of a 2002 extended cab Sierra, that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by tccoble

The IA 187 would be the best fit for you! Single 4 ohm coils paralleled would yield a 2 ohm load.

The DCON would work too but you would either have to run it at 4 ohm or 1 ohm mono!

Know nothing about the other woofers. Maybe somebody else with knowledge on the others will chime in.

The IA 187 would be the best fit for you! Single 4 ohm coils paralleled would yield a 2 ohm load.

The DCON would work too but you would either have to run it at 4 ohm or 1 ohm mono!

Know nothing about the other woofers. Maybe somebody else with knowledge on the others will chime in.

DCONs come in single 4 ohm coils.

Going by manufactures recommendations the SRx would work.

But if you were to throw a little poly fill in the enclosure you should be able to use any of those drivers.

why does your amp have to be run at 2 ohms when you didnt even pick your woofers yet???

My DCON is a dual 4 and they state dual 4 on the website!

Hahaha! My Bad! Never looked at that!....Doh.gif

why does your amp have to be run at 2 ohms when you didnt even pick your woofers yet???

It doesn't really but I like the amp I've chosen and more powerful subs tend to be taller (too tall to fit in the box under the seat) and usually require more airspace than I have available.

It doesn't really but I like the amp I've chosen and more powerful subs tend to be taller (too tall to fit in the box under the seat) and usually require more airspace than I have available.

So just keep the gains on the amp turned down. You don't have to have everything maxed.

So just keep the gains on the amp turned down. You don't have to have everything maxed.

[/qu

I just might do that, that's why I'm in here to get info and suggestions. I havn't built a system in 3 years and I dont even remember what the T/S parameters stand for, so I kinda lost touch. I also don't have time to re-learn everthing, I work 60hrs a week and have 4 kids to spend time with on my off time. So, thank you very much for the advice.

Dcon or 187, it is a win win. Both have a great track record. I am biased, but either will be a quality choice, both in clarity and output in a small enclosure with minimal power. :)

Hahaha! My Bad! Never looked at that!....Doh.gif

We brought on the S4 option not too long ago. Technically it is a D8 internally bridged. :)

Whatever you choose, post a build log! Good luck! :drink40:

Massive Audio DC 10s?? I got a local dealer here who talking big about them. Anyone know anything?

DCON ftw!

X2

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm going to go with 2 12" IA 187s on the SAZ1000D.

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm going to go with 2 12" IA 187s on the SAZ1000D.

trink40.gif

Cant wait for build log and pictures.