Sign in to follow this  
XxedgarxX

help on cutting sheet and design

hello guys

im going to start my new box and this time im building it my self :drink40:.

anyone who has work on some FI bl's not sure if the size matters but mine are 18" and im looking to have them to reach

their limit using less power so going with a bigger box instead of smaller box with more power .

my dimensions are w58"L24"H26" these are the outside measurements. im thinking of using two sonotubes either 8" to 10"

because their 8" ones are more like 8.5" or 9". so i have to get back at you guys with the tunning of the box which i

wanted to be 30hz sub up port up so if someone has time to make me a design i will appreciate it. i don't want

something crazy just 45's and brazing.

bump any one i was thinking something like this but port up and subs up

cool,

i have 2 18" btls in a 12cube box, check out my pic,

and i have a soundstream dtr 3400.1 amp

it sounds alright but idk if u tuned the amp right,

i think i should b hitting 147dbs or higher,

and ill be going to the meet on may, hope to see you there

this dudes 18s bls move more air than my 18s btls, those aero ports are probly better that square ports

this dudes 18s bls move more air than my 18s btls, those aero ports are probly better that square ports

oh yea i messeged that dude in that video a while back and he said he has 10" aero ports but i forgot how long they were

oh yea i messeged that dude in that video a while back and he said he has 10" aero ports but i forgot how long they were

you should really make a bigger box too. since my box is the same size as yours and my bls didnt move as much either. i just someone to help me do the cut sheet or tell me if im ok with using 2 ports from 8" to 10" and a 18cf box with out displacement then after displacement to be around 15 or 16cf :woot: and would to much port area would make the subs cone "move everywhere"

how do u think it will sound better, with subs up and port up, or subs up and port back,

i currently have port back and subs back

how do u think it will sound better, with subs up and port up, or subs up and port back,

i currently have port back and subs back

everyone says that sub up port back works the best on those stile of vehicles but idk since i have never experience anything else than mine from port up and subs up

hey i was at the park on sunday and some ppl wanted to hear my system and some girl stuck her head in and her hair floated, it didnt look like when you blow dry ur hair, it was just floating and waving a lil bit

Edited by oscar r

Only way to really tell is to test to see what direction sounds louder to you.