Sign in to follow this  
shortyflow

Old Fi 12 reconed to new FI 12.

I was wondering whats comes standard and what exactly I could get done. I would like to get it to handle as much power as possible while staying cooler than the ones I have now did before. On the ordering page it shows I can choose between copper coil and flat wind. Is the Bp option able to be added? if so how would I pay for that? I have the old 2 stack magnet. I burned up the coil in one of the ones I have now.

Also I am not sure if I have a copper coil motor or flatwind. I don't think I can put a flatwind in the copper coil if that is what I have. If I pay for the flatwind and have the copper coil,what would happen.

Edited by DomiosGuy

No Q's have copper coils, they are all aluminum..always have been and always will be.

You can send them in and a partial BP could be added..but it won't be the full "BP"

sorry i have the ssd'd not the Q's. does that still apply? i read somewhere flatwind can not go on a copper coil. if i pay for flatwind and subs cant take them will i be contacted and told?

I'll get an answer sometime. Busy people at FI.

No, You Cannot Put Flatwound Coils Into A Gap Machined For Copper.

You Will Not Be Billed The Additonal $.

Thanks and what about BP? is there a way to pay for that as well? even if it is only a partial or whatever?

Sign in to follow this