I decided on the elemental designs nine.1 - i've heard some pretty good things about it and decided to give it a shot. good decision or bad? let me know what you guys think

its not about what we think,

its about what youuuuu think, lol..

seriuously if the amp produces enough wattage to make ur subs move and sound as good as you would like them to, it doesnt matter what we think.

:woot:

congrats man!

its not about what we think,

its about what youuuuu think, lol..

seriuously if the amp produces enough wattage to make ur subs move and sound as good as you would like them to, it doesnt matter what we think.

Bingo!

You know we require detailed photos and a review.

Supa, nice monkey.

is this year the year of the monkey or was that last year?

anyway good luck with the amp, I had thought there was some similarities with it and the KX1200, but I could easily have miss read

yea, i finally got all my parts, just got my box built, subs, and amp

i'm going to be running 3 memphis power reference 12"s in a ported box with about 2 cubes for each sub, and each'll be getting around 400 watts a peice.

once i get it all hooked up i'll definitely throw a couple pics on here...

so has anyone heard bad things about the ed's?

well i guess not! haha

I have not owned one, but there are a few around that have messed with them

I have only heard of one problem so far. You shoudl be good as long as you don't abuse it.

I have only heard of one problem so far.  You shoudl be good as long as you don't abuse it.

yea, i figured that out fast!

it came with a gain knob and if i turn it up any more than 1/4 of the way up the speakers distort... the amp is phenominally powerfull... it pushed three 12's hard for an hour and was barely even warm... so far so good!

and i heard something about subs "breaking in"? i've never broken in subs, but I was told in a couple of weeks they will be louder than when they were first hooked up -- is this true?

Possibly.

but i'll let you in on a secret....it's not just that your amp has power, but you're maxing out 250wrms subs with 400wrms...chances are, you're as loud as your going to get. like the picture i showed you earlier, i've done an almost identical setup, and trust me, those subs are giving you all they can if you've got your gains set to 400 per sub (before impedence rise of course..lol)...

so be careful with that knob, or you'll be trying out memphis's warranty service...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hahahahah!!

yea, that was pretty funny

but the thing is that I didnt set it up, it was all set up by a local auto shop so i'll have the warranties, but he said he turned the amp way down, almost 1/2 way down, so they're only getting around 250... but still, it's pretty damn loud!

I'm totally happy with the sound as of now, there just isnt as much low-end as I want... would a lower ported box do the trick or is the sub just not built for lower notes?

man, honestly. will yall let me in on this big secret as to whats wrong with eD amps?

man, honestly. will yall let me in on this big secret as to whats wrong with eD amps?

its more of a problem with the company and the ownership rather than the actual amps

hahahahah!!

but the thing is that I didnt set it up, it was all set up by a local auto shop so i'll have the warranties, but he said he turned the amp way down, almost 1/2 way down, so they're only getting around 250... but still, it's pretty damn loud!

I'm totally happy with the sound as of now, there just isnt as much low-end as I want... would a lower ported box do the trick or is the sub just not built for lower notes?

what is the box tuned to? did they built exzactly to memphis specs? if so, they are tuned about 40hz. in which case a lower tuned box will help immensely. the enclosure i did is a common chamber 6ft^3 net box with ~62in^2 of port tuned to 36hz. it gets low. his ranger is basiclly falling apart on the inside.

for the money, you have very nice subs. your box is the issue, not the subs as far as the lowlows go...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hahahahah!!

what is the box tuned to? did they built exzactly to memphis specs? if so, they are tuned about 40hz. in which case a lower tuned box will help immensely. the enclosure i did is a common chamber 6ft^3 net box with ~62in^2 of port tuned to 36hz. it gets low. his ranger is basiclly falling apart on the inside.

for the money, you have very nice subs. your box is the issue, not the subs as far as the lowlows go...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well thanks for the input about the subs, and yea, I like them a lot too.

about the box, yea, the box is tuned to the specs of the subs. the local dealership did everything for me, gave me the plans, and i built it.

I don't know exactly what they're tuned to, but the port is 3 1/2 in wide, 11 1/2 in long and i think 4 in deep on both sides.... but I'm almost positive they did it to specs, but the thing is that it hits REALL hard on the higher bass notes, but just isnt as strong on the lower notes... and being that all i listen too is mostly rap, I need them to get lowlow..... can I just change the port without building a whole new box or do I need to make up another one?

if ur ports are no deeper then 4" or so, they have u tuned in the mid 40's....that's why u can't reach teh lows...

to add port length to ur current box would take away port area and increase the chances for noise. if i understood u, ur ports are 3.5" wide, 11.5" tall and 4" deep, correct? that gives ya about 80.5^2" of port (both ports)...if u tried to lengthen the port ,and for arguements sake, by usind ur left over .75" mddf..ur port sizes would be 2"x10" or 40^2" for both ports. if u tried that, ur port length would need to be roughly 5.25" long to bring ya down around 36hz....

what i would suggest, is that u try by using .5" mdf....that will give you a port size of 2.5" x 10.5" or 52.5^2" of port area between the pair. make them 8.75" long....

i would make a pair of port inserts and slide them in my current ports, and give them a listen. make them removeable and if u don't like them, toss them.....or then u have a daily port setup (the inserts) and a comp set up (the original ports)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Here's the deal. Within this small internet community, I'm including many forums here, there has been been many relationships between eD and many well known, knowledgeable, and intelligent members of the car audio society. Along with that relationship came knowledge in eD and their products and business practices. Many people have had problems with their products and still do, and these certain circumstances were known by many people for long periods of time. A certain someone screwed over the wrong people and the floodgates were opened on all the "secrets." Research can lead you to the rest.

eD provides a good product for the "budget minded." That's their goal and who they cater to, for the most part. If that's what you want, fine. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.