onebadmonte

Term-lab Alternative

There's another system i came across too but cant find pricing so must be $$, it's called SPL-X but besides that, that's all i know, lol.

There's another system i came across too but cant find pricing so must be $$, it's called SPL-X but besides that, that's all i know, lol.

Whaaat, no link? Come on player.

Here it is for all us slackers who hate to search.

Click here

That SPL-X meter looks to be new from them. A long time ago they had a product appear in audiojunkies site. Here is a link. Clicky Linky 2

I ordered one. The guy was a little hesitant, he was just starting out and as you can imagine shipping over seas is a pain. Luckily PayPal works in the UK. I got the product with in a couple of weeks. It works okay, it's just a slow process. You play a tone and record on graph paper the level. Once your done you connect the dots and have a graphical representation of your systems frequency response. From there you can deceide how to go about goofing with your eq. If you flat out hate dicking with computers and have all the time in the world this is for you. Having a CD player with a pause button is an additional plus. Oh, I almost forgot this contraption fits in between the seat and the headrest. I'll post a pic when I get home. It does what it says it does. It's slow for me. I'll use Holmimpulse or ARTA. Price wise it's a deal because no pc, mic, preamp is required. The bummer is the currency exchange rate.

Plus reading the review that was from 2004, so I think it is quite outdated. Might be helpful to someone that is under the 150db range.

Do they even make that thing any more? I looked up splmeter.com and ended up at the term-lab site. :shrug: The price seemed right.

Do they even make that thing any more? I looked up splmeter.com and ended up at the term-lab site. shrug.gif The price seemed right.

Same here! I have saw it on eBay before but that has been awhile.

I like your option as it looks to be a quality piece. Looking forward to your testing results.

UPDATE

Communications have resumed with SPL-Labs. The LCD Bass Meter should be shipping out in a couple of days. From there it's in Gods hands. Damn Iceland volcano!

At this point I can say with confidence; SPL-Labs cares enough to keep it's customers in the loop of whats going on and when product is shipping.

Stay tuned for more updates.

I'm waiting to see a review on this product... :popcorn:

like i was telling you over on S M D i am getting one of these the LCD on and i am hopefully becoming a U.S. sales rep. People on S M D have been blowing me up about this meter.

like i was telling you over on S M D i am getting one of these the LCD on and i am hopefully becoming a U.S. sales rep. People on S M D have been blowing me up about this meter.

Do it because Im gonna want one, then I can have a real meter besides using my Epic -160 to see if certain tweaks helped me or hurt me.

lets just say i am getting a deal on the lcd meter i can resist. i am hoping i become the U.S. sales rep i have been talking to him for about a month now. Seems like a very reliable meter from what me and him have talked about.

lets just say i am getting a deal on the lcd meter i can resist. i am hoping i become the U.S. sales rep i have been talking to him for about a month now. Seems like a very reliable meter from what me and him have talked about.

Dang, where we you when I started this thread. I would have waited to see what you had to say before plunking down the cash that I did. A deal to top it off, dang. :P

if anyone else wants a deal, hop on over to the Group buy thread and put your name down in the FS section.

Oh no, threadjackers! J/K. Good luck with sale.

I expect to hear an extensive review of this meter when u get it too!

Dang, where we you when I started this thread. I would have waited to see what you had to say before plunking down the cash that I did. A deal to top it off, dang. :P

haha not really for sure where i was :) but i am waiting for him to reply back to my email now :) will hopefully be finally ordering one this week.

If the review is good and my funds are right, this meter should be in my hands. I need to get something like that. Would love to hop on the group buy...

Well i am about to send the money out for mine. I will be doing some doing some side by side testing with a TL and this meter when it comes in so we can see close it really is. But from everything I have seen so far i think everyone will be surprised how it does and how close it actually is. I will post vids of the test when i get mine in.

the Hyperdynamics meter is dead on with a termlab and it refreshes a LOT quicker than a tlab does too.. So i couldnt imagine this meter not being accurate.

I would heavily suggest this SPL-Lab meter though for people who actually compete.

Looks like we got some profiteers jumping the gun on premature forum boner. Careful everybody this one might go limp before anyone gets any product. :P

Looks like we got some profiteers jumping the gun on premature forum boner. Careful everybody this one might go limp before anyone gets any product. :P

haha just getting the hype up on this meter :) its going to be big! i am stoked about getting mine

the Hyperdynamics meter is dead on with a termlab and it refreshes a LOT quicker than a tlab does too.. So i couldnt imagine this meter not being accurate.

We'll find out soon enough.

I would heavily suggest this SPL-Lab meter though for people who actually compete.

Crap, I recommend it to anyone who is interested. I don't compete and I want one. :)