motoxchris08

? about port size and lenght and how to tune

I am building an enclosure for a 08 chevy crew cab I'm installing 1 fi bl 12 Im not sure what size port to use or how to tune it to the specs im going for my enclosure is 11"h 45.5"w 16"d rear height is 8.25" I am firing it up and plan to face the port to the front I wood like to tune it to 34 Hrz I am powering it by 1 T1000 fosgate with a 4 farad capacitor my box is 2.51 cuft minus woofer displacement can any one help me if you need anymore info please let me no I am knew at this so please bare with me

Going to be sort of small, can't you make it bigger?

Oh, and don't use the capacitor it won't help anything.

no I cant go any bigger thats pushing it I have to raise my back seat to fit that so no. I can go wider up to 55" though but the specs on this sub say 1.5 - 2..5 Im wright at 2.5after deducting displacement of my sub does A 4" port 8 3/4" long sound about write to tune this to 34Hrz :puzzled: and the capacitor it wont do me any good ?

You need clearance for the woofers as well which it doesn't sound like you've accounted for.

The sub is 0.18cuft, port area at 2 cubes should be 24-32sq, even with the minimum diameter you will be looking at occupying nearly another .5cuft, then when you clearance the top so that the sub can breath I don't see it as being optimal.

Can you shoe horn it in there? Perhaps, but I'd really, really double check the size of the enclosure first.

And yes, that capacitor will provide you no benefit.

You need clearance for the woofers as well which it doesn't sound like you've accounted for.

The sub is 0.18cuft, port area at 2 cubes should be 24-32sq, even with the minimum diameter you will be looking at occupying nearly another .5cuft, then when you clearance the top so that the sub can breath I don't see it as being optimal.

Can you shoe horn it in there? Perhaps, but I'd really, really double check the size of the enclosure first.

And yes, that capacitor will provide you no benefit.

I know I have clearance for the sub in the enclosure its tight but it will fit but what do you mean by clearancing the top ? you mean in front of the sub so theirs room for it to move ? if so I can always just flip the seat up . and Im not sure if you answered my ? about the port size or not also is there ever a reason to use a capacitor ? and thank you for replying