lilredfocus

xxx 18

i heard my 1st re sub the other day. it was the 18 xxx from 2007 i believe and it was running off a saz3500 in a 7.5 cube ft box. i must say im glad that i wasnt the one that paid for it. imo big disappointment. the guy that owned it actually took it out and put his set of 12inch rockford p2s back in his car then put the sub on craigslist for half of what he paid for it 2 days after buying it

im guessing it was an install failure, alot of people like those subs.

Yeah im pretty sure too. Those subs are a litle similar to the SSA XCON

it was triple checked like 5 times and the treo ssx rocked in the same box. it was a direct swap out. meaning the other box was unhooked and the new was plugged up then the sub was unscrewed and the treo was mounted in the same box ( with a baffle of course) and it sounded great.

it was triple checked like 5 times and the treo ssx rocked in the same box. it was a direct swap out. meaning the other box was unhooked and the new was plugged up then the sub was unscrewed and the treo was mounted in the same box ( with a baffle of course) and it sounded great.

That does mean anything at all besides the box being made for the Treo more than the XXX, you cant compare subs by doing a drop in unless the box is made for both subs which can be kinda hard since there specs differ.

So what was the bad thing about the XXX? It is not an SPL woofer! Build it for the right application and test again. It is a low end monster and sounds great!

The XXX is an AMAZING woofer, it's sad someone like that didn't give it then installation it deserves.

I've heard em before, it had to have been the enclosure. I love those subs

The XXX is an AMAZING woofer, it's sad someone like that didn't give it then installation it deserves.

why does it seem like your refering to me..its not my set up i was just there and now im giving my 02. the guy went out and spent 300 to have someone build him a box and it wasnt impressive. the box was to big for the treo almost double but it did what it was suppost to.

why does it seem like your refering to me..its not my set up i was just there and now im giving my 02. the guy went out and spent 300 to have someone build him a box and it wasnt impressive. the box was to big for the treo almost double but it did what it was suppost to.

Then what is the point of this thread?

Re-read my post, with emphasis on the red words.