DeezyDee

New to the Car Audio game, and my friend got me in big lol

Hello once again, last time I wrote here I was debating on getting 2 10's, and a amp looking to spend maybe about $500 to $600, then I stopped chasing a dream that was a bit out of my grasps... I've always loved car audio, my friend "Hove" who is a member here who is the one who got me into all this mess lol, has had a system since jr high school. So needless to say, I'd like to introduce myself, and say the last time I spoke here I planned on limiting myself to overstock mass production MTX crap with a box and amp built into it, lol. Some how my buddy "Hove" talked me into getting something else... So heres what i ordered...

I ordered:

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

FI BL 15" inch 1000 watt

SHURiKEN SK-BT80 High Performance Battery

The Pioneer 6100BT

a few accessory likeSTINGER VOLTAGE METER GAUGE and other little things...

Comments on the setup, first time I'm pretty excited I think I am going to like it from watching the youtube videos...

But I'm stuck left now with a inside "Active" audio speaker system, my 06 Chevy impala comes stock with some nice set of speakers with tweeters and sounds great now but I might need to upgrade.... But I think the only thing I have left yet to get is little connectors, gauge wire kite (0 or 2, leaning more towards 0 from what i'm hearing) and a box... It sucks because everything's been easy to obtain besides a box... We're doing some digging with company's and asking around but I hope the box isn't going to be a 2-3 week delay, lol.

So thats my setup, frist time should it go well? Any suggestions on where around town to get a box? And also, almost forgot lol... I got a single din radio, for that empty gap below I would love to get a visual piece, maybe a equalize you can see or something, i don't need the gap in my dash kit would love to have got a double din but, dident... is there anything you can use in there? Any thoughts, comments, ideas, or answers would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

hey bro, welcome to the site. why dont u try building ur own box? its really not all that hard as long as u take ur time and have a little patience. also where are you located? there might be somebody on here near you that is willing to help out.

hey bro, welcome to the site. why dont u try building ur own box? its really not all that hard as long as u take ur time and have a little patience. also where are you located? there might be somebody on here near you that is willing to help out.

well i am not no where professional at it, and i am spending 1300 or more dollars in a sound system I don't want to buy 50 dollars in wood and build a square box and cut a whole in it... I'd like the box's frequency and tuning measured, i also don't know how to do the math for the displacement of the speaker size, magnate, and bracing.

just do some reading man, its really not that bad. there are some nice calculators all over the net, or u could do it the old fashioned brain way.

well i am not no where professional at it, and i am spending 1300 or more dollars in a sound system I don't want to buy 50 dollars in wood and build a square box and cut a whole in it... I'd like the box's frequency and tuning measured, i also don't know how to do the math for the displacement of the speaker size, magnate, and bracing.

Building a box is a much easier challenge then you think.. honestly.

3/4 MDF wood, Titebond III, Screws, Jigsaw, Power Drill, is all you will need.

I can provide you with a guy via e-mail that does box designs for around 10 bucks via paypal, he includes a 3D model and a cut-sheet so its as simplistic as it can get.

Don't be intimidated.. its only wood, screws, and glue! :fing34:

that's nice for a first setup. You should really make your own box. You'll feel good about it when you hear something you made. :) Also, it could also help you earn money on the side once you get it down. I don't even try to market myself in my town, but I've made 4 boxes for locals in the last couple of months. Free money...lol

that's nice for a first setup. You should really make your own box. You'll feel good about it when you hear something you made. :) Also, it could also help you earn money on the side once you get it down. I don't even try to market myself in my town, but I've made 4 boxes for locals in the last couple of months. Free money...lol

thanks, i don't know... I got a got i work with who said "trust me, on my life, for as long as your speaker lives the box will" He said hes built several boxes before and he at his job does great work very knowledgeable guy, cool guy. But my buddy who got me into the car audio game said the box is the most valuable piece of the puzzle, its like the heart of the cycle... He said if he (the man I work with) doesn't have the tools to measure the box frequency and tuning, to pass. The guy I work with says he will have it done in a week, and says we'll buy the wood, cement nail (or whatever he called it lol), screws. Hes got a saw and all that shit at his house, only charge about 75 bucks, plus wood and what have ya... I don't know know, this box things got me real stressed out man, its the only thing holding me back it seems,=

if i buy a print off someone who can do all the mind game on paper, the guy at my work can build it no problem he says, but he does not have the tools to do frequency and tuning, you know.

Yeah the box is critical, but like banginGMC said it's only wood, screws and glue. If your buddy can build you a good box and have it tuned properly then you will be way better off than buying a pre-fab enclosure. Also if you can, be there and help with the build. That way you can get an idea of what is involved with building a box. Good luck man.

if i buy a print off someone who can do all the mind game on paper, the guy at my work can build it no problem he says, but he does not have the tools to do frequency and tuning, you know.

Since it is just streetbeat you don't have to worry too much about your vehicles resonant frequency. So, you don't really need any tools for tuning..... Just a computer program like bassbox pro 6. But, I don't know where you can get that at :)

I just built 2 boxes 2 weeks ago. I'm only 14 and I had my dad cut the pieces and everything came out pretty good. Looked sort of odd but after 45 minutes of sanding it came out perfect. Then i built my ported enclosure and boy that one was hard but it got easier once I figured it out how to actually assemble it good . And in about a week i will be building another one. Once you do it a lot of times you will get better. Or you might just get it right the first time.

Tell my buddy Hove I said "Whats up," glad to see your getting your system planned out. Yeah a box is crucial to the install, and if you dont have confidence or time to do it then it will be no problem in letting someone else do (but it is easy). I wont stress to you to build your own box, you know what your physically capable to do with the time you have and its your money. I build boxes to but when you see some other people's craftsmanship then why not fork over some change for a better box (I will be in the future). Also check out craigslist in your area and see if there are any woodworkers who would be looking to do some work to earn some cash to build you a box, Argent Audio on this forum is doing great work and shipping out boxes like clock work.

As for the gap, if you dont need an eq I wouldnt waste my money just to find something to take up that space. I use an Epic-160 in mine since I didnt need the slot and wanted my Epic-160 there instead of somewhere else. Cant really help you here.

Sounds like you got a good list of equipment there and cant wait to see a build log with pictures. :captain:

I also say to at least try building the enclosure yourself. I built my first slot ported enclosure for an 18" BTL from some calcs online a few months ago. Granted the numbers were slightly off from what I thought they were but...it still hammers!:drink40:

Thats a nice list of products and good luck with the install! :fing34:

Tell my buddy Hove I said "Whats up," glad to see your getting your system planned out. Yeah a box is crucial to the install, and if you dont have confidence or time to do it then it will be no problem in letting someone else do (but it is easy). I wont stress to you to build your own box, you know what your physically capable to do with the time you have and its your money. I build boxes to but when you see some other people's craftsmanship then why not fork over some change for a better box (I will be in the future). Also check out craigslist in your area and see if there are any woodworkers who would be looking to do some work to earn some cash to build you a box, Argent Audio on this forum is doing great work and shipping out boxes like clock work.

As for the gap, if you dont need an eq I wouldnt waste my money just to find something to take up that space. I use an Epic-160 in mine since I didnt need the slot and wanted my Epic-160 there instead of somewhere else. Cant really help you here.

Sounds like you got a good list of equipment there and cant wait to see a build log with pictures. :captain:

hey Jay whats going on man! been meaning to call you just been busy bro. hope all is well with ur build im sure it is!

welcome to the site Deezy the guys here are the best and all the info i have learned from them made me a a very happy man with a nice system.

i am glad you are doing this and trusting me. this is gonna be a badass build and lots of fun!

get ready to spend some mula tonight for the rest of the wire and accessories lol

have a good day everyone!