I thought it was xzenun?

Stop it Goddammit !

Seriously guys, some are here to read some useful information. Take it easy with all that spam.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by The enD

If you want to act like that enroll yourself in high school again. Don't bring it here.

I talked to the owner today he seemed like a cool as dude. Told me how much the pro audio mid basses would be going for.

Lets just say all of them will be going for under $50 each speaker. He said the 6.5's would be able to go as low as 50hz which is great for me. But im thinking since the 8's are gonna cost around $35 imma go with those. They take around 250 watts rms

Hmmm....so now we have a high efficiency driver than can play down to 50hz and handle a continuous 250w?

I'm going to have to buy me a pair of these. When are they going to be available again?

Hmmm....so now we have a high efficiency driver than can play down to 50hz and handle a continuous 250w?

I'm going to have to buy me a pair of these. When are they going to be available again?

You and me both since the price tag wont hurt to buy a pair to test out and make use of them if I dont need them. After all my searching for 6.5" midbass/midrange speakers the highest efficiency I seen on them were 91.5db (1w/1m) but they couldnt dig this low.

After all my searching for 6.5" midbass/midrange speakers the highest efficiency I seen on them were 91.5db (1w/1m)

Audax PR170M0 6.5" Midrange - 100dB from Madisound

100db sensitivity. But with .5mm Xmax you aren't going to get much midbass out of them :)

IIRC companies like B&C, 18sound, Eminence and Faital all have high sensitivity 6.5" mids.

But....

they couldnt dig this low.

We have that stinking Hoffman's Law to contend with. Problem with small drivers is their small cone area, so you really need to give up the ghost in low frequency performance in order to gain efficiency. So how they were able to get 50hz performance out of a 6.5" with 94db sensitivity and 250w continuous power handling (which will be put to the test if I remember to get a pair).....I'll be very interested to find out.

BTW, I have an email dispatched to them to try to get a little more info. We'll see if they divulge.

Keep us posted on the email response, I know you asked some good questions.

i guess i should have been more clear the 8's and 10's would be able to go as low as 50hz. the 8's take 250 watts and the 10's 500 watts

at least thats what he told me over the phone.

That was sarcasm everyone...

Its funny it took someone else to talk to Navid and say the same thing I had been saying at first and now everyone wants a pair. Thats kinda fd up. I wonder why that is I guess I was a fuckin liar the whole time.

That was sarcasm everyone...

my bad its hard to tell sarcasm on the internet

I tought yall were both dead serious

i guess i should have been more clear the 8's and 10's would be able to go as low as 50hz. the 8's take 250 watts and the 10's 500 watts

95db w/ response down to 50hz and 250w continuous power handling plus clean response to 5khz+ is still pretty....umm, extreme, for an 8" driver.

Its funny it took someone else to talk to Navid and say the same thing I had been saying at first and now everyone wants a pair. Thats kinda fd up. I wonder why that is I guess I was a fuckin liar the whole time.

You do realize the only reason I'm planning to purchase a pair is frankly because I don't believe the claims, correct ?

The comment was made tongue-in-cheek. But if they end up as cheap as people are saying, I'll buy a pair to see how they hold up to the claims....again, because I don't really believe it.

EDIT: Oh, and no response to the email yet :( But I don't know what their turn around time on emails are.

95db w/ response down to 50hz and 250w continuous power handling and clean response to 5khz+ is still pretty....umm, extreme, for an 8" driver.

well honestly I dont know what to look for on how to tell if a speaker set is good or not.

I know with subwoofers but speaker set's are totally different.

What stats should I be looking at?

95db w/ response down to 50hz and 250w continuous power handling and clean response to 5khz+ is still pretty....umm, extreme, for an 8" driver.

well honestly I dont know what to look for on how to tell if a speaker set is good or not.

I know with subwoofers but speaker set's are totally different.

What stats should I be looking at?

As far as low frequency response, a speaker is exactly the same as subwoofers. They are all the same thing. And the same set of parameters define their low frequency performance. You'll just be dealing with a different bandwidth of frequencies.

As far as midrange performance, there's no real "stats" to look at as the T/S parameters define the low frequency response of a driver only. One indicator would be inductance, as a driver's inductance and resistance work together to basically form a classic first order lowpass filter. So if, for example, the driver's inductance induces roll-off beginning around 2khz....you can pretty much rule out performance up to 5khz. Beyond that, it's really beneficial to see the actual measured performance of the driver.....frequency response, impedance curve, distortion measurements, etc. But there are some things to "expect".....I would reasonable expect an 8" cone to experience some break-up issues somewhere below 5khz, for example.

Again, it was sarcasm. Everyone who wants a midrange that actually performs and knows what they're looking for doesn't want one.

Unless they would like to disprove the claims :P

I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

If anyone was to purchase a pair of these, how would they preform a fair and unbaised test of the speaker's preformance?

Im not a pro or expert but if they sound better than my type r's and cost less then half the price i paid for them im sold.

I mean why would a guy just getting into the car audio business and throw out false claims knowing that will mess up his rep. Especially around educated forums.

I mean look at Elemental designs the only place I hear good things about from them is clubrsx and its because everybody there gets a forum discount.

Everywhere else i hear bad things

Edited by wutang512

I mean why would a guy just getting into the car audio business and throw out false claims knowing that will mess up his rep. Especially around educated forums.

You would have to ask all of the former-owners of now defunct internet-based car audio businesses who proceed him :P A lot of them burned down in a blaze of ignorance and misdirection. Or you can ask Ben Milne how he's managed to lie and cheat for nearly a decade yet still remain in business.

Oh, and not all forums are educated. Have you visited some of the others?..... :wacko:

You would have to ask all of the former-owners of now defunct internet-based car audio businesses who proceed him :P A lot of them burned down in a blaze of ignorance and misdirection. Or you can ask Ben Milne how he's managed to lie and cheat for nearly a decade yet still remain in business.

Oh, and not all forums are educated. Have you visited some of the others?..... :wacko:

Lol i was able to find this quote from a forum around 2005.

question: I can't find much about eD on this forum, which is funy becuase I remember that everyone used to rave about them. Did their quality on the new audio line go down or something? Since there is NO ONE around here with eD gear,

answer: LOL.....well, it's a big ole can of worms. Ben Milne pissed off a WHOLE bunch of people (issues with build quality, issues with buildhouses, issues with CS, issues with him supposedly backstabbing "friends", etc), so there was a semi-boycott of eD there for a while. Then, right after that, eD had preorders on a lot of their products (made people pay upfront), and it took FOREVER for the products to actually ship. To make it worse, Ben lied consistently about the reason it was taking so long. So, he pissed off a lot of people, and everyone started bad mouthing them (and him) and the bandwagon ended for the most part. Just here recently it has started picking up again.

But, beyond all of that.....from what I hear, the new products are pretty decent. Haven't played with any myself. Amps are supposed to be solid and underrated, and the subs are supposed to sound pretty nice aswell.

How the hell do people get away with stuff like that?