motoxchris08

need help with port tunning

I need help with an enclosure I'm building my enclosure is 2.51 cuft after displacement it will hold one fi Bl 12 ran off a T1000 amp I would like to tune it to 32 HRZ with what info I have come up with in order to tune it to 32 HRZ if I go with a 4"port 10.3" long it should be around 32HRz does this sound right my enclosure is 16" deep 54" long 9.5" tall in the front and 7.25" tall in the back it will be up fire and I would like to run the port off the front witch is the side that is 9.5" I'm working with very little room so I can not change the die mentions of the enclosure much if you have any suggestions on how to do this right please let me no add if you you can explain it so the average person can comprehend it that would be nice lol

I ran it through the program I use and it looks good to me. I'm coming up with 31.95 hz in my mock up. My only difference to yours was that my internal volume as slightly higher at first. You might be having extra bracing or a beefier sub then I mocked with.

I ran it through the program I use and it looks good to me. I'm coming up with 31.95 hz in my mock up. My only difference to yours was that my internal volume as slightly higher at first. You might be having extra bracing or a beefier sub then I mocked with.

I made an eror in my measurements its 16x51x8x9.5 can you check the specs on that please comes out to 2.5 cuft after displacment

I made an eror in my measurements its 16x51x8x9.5 can you check the specs on that please comes out to 2.5 cuft after displacment

my sub displacement is 0.18 and Im using 1" mdf

My calcs were made using 3/4 inch mdf, that's the problem....

Edited by mr.sagat

ok, I put your info in and came up with 2.15 cubes after displacement. You might have forgot that port space eats up usable box :) Port length needs to be 12.75 inches for an exact 32 hz tuning...

If I were you, I'd use quite a bit more than a single 4" port. You're going to have port noise and the setup may lose efficiency. I would use at least two 4" ports, if not 3, or about 30 sq. inches if you switch to a slot port.

If I were you, I'd use quite a bit more than a single 4" port. You're going to have port noise and the setup may lose efficiency. I would use at least two 4" ports, if not 3, or about 30 sq. inches if you switch to a slot port.

if I add more ports won't I lose available air space Im not sure how to make a slot port can you tell me how to design a slot port for the specs I have give for my enclosure

if I add more ports won't I lose available air space Im not sure how to make a slot port can you tell me how to design a slot port for the specs I have give for my enclosure

Two round ports work the best in that truck box in my opinion. Run the port facing back and it can stick out of the box a little

ok if I go with a slot port with the specs of my enclosure as listed above your saying about 30sq inch do you think that would tune it to 32 Hrz and if so how wide and tall should I make the port opening also how long should the port be I know this might be to much to ask but really would like to build this thing already so I can finally hear what this thing can do Ive been running two fosgate p3 shallows and Ive heard farts hit harder than they do so please give me all the help you can anybody