I just had the 5030 installed in my girlfriends car and I need advice from someone that has experience with this deck on the settings. I have 6 1/2s in the front and back running off the deck and a 750 watt Kicker amp powering a sealed Icon 15.

Give more info buddy, i dont even know what youre trying to do, the problems you are having, or how hot your girlfriend is.

Post pictures and a little more information and we can help more.. help us help you.

Give more info buddy, i dont even know what youre trying to do, the problems you are having, or how hot your girlfriend is.

Post pictures and a little more information and we can help more.. help us help you.

:roflmao: but seriously more information will help us help you buddy.

nice post :D +1!

She has Kicker 6 1/2's in the front and rear running off the deck and they sound pretty good IMO. What should the crossover settings be for those?

Considering you didnt give us the model number or specs on the speakers it will be hard to tell what to cross them at plus all that will be relative to how much power they are receiving and the frequency they are crossed at. Install them and start at around 100Hz and work your way down to where they can handle the power at that frequency level. You will know they are stressing if they start distorting and sounding back, either back off on the power or turn the frequency filter higher.

Considering you didnt give us the model number or specs on the speakers it will be hard to tell what to cross them at plus all that will be relative to how much power they are receiving and the frequency they are crossed at. Install them and start at around 100Hz and work your way down to where they can handle the power at that frequency level. You will know they are stressing if they start distorting and sounding back, either back off on the power or turn the frequency filter higher.

They are the Kicker DS 6.5's. They are being powered off the deck. Please describe sounding back. There are points on some songs where they'll like make a quick statick noise when bass hits on certain songs.

Well if they are off the deck and some songs sound bad then turn the volume down, hopefully your not turning your volume knob past 75% of max volume. What do you have your eq settings at on the head unit?

Well if they are off the deck and some songs sound bad then turn the volume down, hopefully your not turning your volume knob past 75% of max volume. What do you have your eq settings at on the head unit?

The loudest I'll go is 65. I used the EQ pre-setting that's for more tremble than bass from the speakers.