mikey5472

mikey's OFFICIAL build log

Get to it son!! I wanted to hear these before you blew up the box :ohnoes9: ...lol

Lol at chuck. Ok I'm going to try and post pics on here via phone. So it might not work. Haha.

:Jim: Mikey, find a camera!!! :takepix:

Hey I just noticed you replied haha. You comin to slamology?? June 19th I think.

I think it worked? Lol.

Oh and if it did work I'm sorry for shitty cell pics.

SU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMDA0MjUtMTYyMi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDgtMjAxMDA0MjUtMjEyMi5q-1.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDktMjAxMDA0MjUtMjEyMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDItMjAxMDA0MjUtMTYyMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNTYtMjAxMDA0MjctMjAwMi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDMtMjAxMDA0MjUtMTYyMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMDA0MTgtMjAxMS5qcGc.jpg

Here fixed it for you for about 1 min work. :)

Click on your links>Get URLs> copy Direct Link > put it between = :woot:

:captain: so the AQ drivers are legit?

If they fit your goals and budget then I dont see why they wouldnt be legit. Legit like how? :peepwall:

For the price they are awesome drivers. Good cs as well. I'd say they are legit. I din't get any sticker which sucks but I'm sure I can find some somewhere. I'd say they are a real legit company. I underestimated them a little bit actually a lot. The box did not stand up to them which is my fault I had never seen screws break like that before so that was kinda cool I guess. But they are real powerful hit strong and carry the note out pretty well. I can't think of a driver to compare them to that I've heard. Maybe nightshade I guess which actually my buddy just got his 15" nightshade when we get a box built for that I will have a better comparison.

SU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMDA0MjUtMTYyMi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDgtMjAxMDA0MjUtMjEyMi5q-1.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDktMjAxMDA0MjUtMjEyMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDItMjAxMDA0MjUtMTYyMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNTYtMjAxMDA0MjctMjAwMi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNDMtMjAxMDA0MjUtMTYyMy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMDA0MTgtMjAxMS5qcGc.jpg

Here fixed it for you for about 1 min work. :)

Click on your links>Get URLs> copy Direct Link > put it between = :woot:

Lol thanks. When I post it on photobucket it sends me a direct like via email so I just copied and pasted those links to here.

Hey I just noticed you replied haha. You comin to slamology?? June 19th I think.

Oh yeah! And the Ranger will be competing too! :woot:

Oh yeah! And the Ranger will be competing too! :woot:

Haha hell yea. Still got the 15's? I'm ready to meter these thing and see what they do. Should be pretty high number for the money. I'm hopin around 148 atleast.

Edited by mdizzle5472

:captain: so the AQ drivers are legit?

If they fit your goals and budget then I dont see why they wouldnt be legit. Legit like how? :peepwall:

For the price they are awesome drivers. Good cs as well. I'd say they are legit. I din't get any sticker which sucks but I'm sure I can find some somewhere. I'd say they are a real legit company. I underestimated them a little bit actually a lot. The box did not stand up to them which is my fault I had never seen screws break like that before so that was kinda cool I guess. But they are real powerful hit strong and carry the note out pretty well. I can't think of a driver to compare them to that I've heard. Maybe nightshade I guess which actually my buddy just got his 15" nightshade when we get a box built for that I will have a better comparison.

I meant did they meet his expectation ;)

16731837.jpg

Stickers :wub: :wub: :wub:

Audioque: Order AQ Accessories

*Sorry for the big fuckin' picture -- it wouldn't let me resize*

Edited by BanginGMC

Be sure to post your tl results :P good luck man

Hey thanks for the link!!! and I will def be gettin a vid of the TL results. Haha.

Depending on my money situation I will be starting a new box this weekend. Hopefully I can atleast buys a sheet or so of wood that way I can atleast get started. I have a ton of scrap from my other 2 boxes but I'm not sure if any of it is large enough for any parts of the box. I will get an update later this week. I'm hopin to get it done by next weekend. I'd like to get it metered within the next month.

Well I got some more crappy cell pics. I was at my buddies house helping him get his XCON hooked up and we had a few subs layin around well here they are...

SU1HMDAwMDEtMjAxMDA1MDUtMTkyOS5qcGc.jpg picture by bigmike5472 - Photobucket

SU1HMDAwMDItMjAxMDA1MDUtMTkzMC5qcGc.jpg picture by bigmike5472 - Photobucket

SU1HMDAwMDMtMjAxMDA1MDUtMTkzMC5qcGc.jpg picture by bigmike5472 - Photobucket

SU1HMDAwMDQtMjAxMDA1MDUtMjExMy5qcGc.jpg picture by bigmike5472 - Photobucket

Just a few comparison pics, we had 2 xcon 18's 2 15" HDC3 and 1 15" Nightshade. I wish I wouldv'e grabbed my old BL and ssd and L5 but I forgot them at home. Haha.

Ok so I have a question about my mids and highs. I have the jl 300/4 I'm not sure if I can go active with it or not, and I have the soundstream pcc.6 comp set has the tweeters the 6.5 mids and the x overs. Should I just run passive with the x over or if my amp is capable of going active just go active. I know my h/u only has a 3 band graphic eq so I cannot go go active with it from what I understand. And when I set the amp for the mids and highs what crossover poits should they be at in other words how do I set the amp? I've never really put a front stage in other than just upgrading from stock. So I'm kind of clueless.

Edited by mdizzle5472

I didn't get anything done this weekend. Was cold and rainy all weekend. (I hate indiana sometimes lol) but me and chop are going to be finishing his box building a box for *yea buddy* (his daughter) and a box for me. My next box will be seperate chambered around 4.3 per sub tuned to 38 hz with 16 sqin of port per cuft. Hopefully we will be done by the end of this weekend. We will get some pics.

Stay tunned!! =)

Finally got the coax out of the door and dash and hooked up the comps. I tell you what a amp and a decent set of comps make a world of difference.

Hopefully chop and I will get started on this box this weekend. I'm ready to hook my shit back up lol. I hate having almost 2k worth of audio equipment and it all just sittin in my house... drives me insane lol.

Finally got the coax out of the door and dash and hooked up the comps. I tell you what a amp and a decent set of comps make a world of difference.

Hopefully chop and I will get started on this box this weekend. I'm ready to hook my shit back up lol. I hate having almost 2k worth of audio equipment and it all just sittin in my house... drives me insane lol.

Tell me about it, I've had my SAZ-2000D in my room since I got it in July and it still hasnt seen any action at all along with some other equipment. Good luck with build :drink40:

I'm ready to hook my shit back up lol. I hate having almost 2k worth of audio equipment and it all just sittin in my house... drives me insane lol.

I feel your pain!

I have over 5G's into this build and I only got to bump it for about a month and a half.

Then my P.O.S. Irragi alternator fried.

It's been so long I can remember what good bass actually feels like! LOL

When I finally get done with mine, I bet it startles me the first time the Icon's hurl a note.

But damn, it'll be nice when it's done! (just in time for Slamology)

I'm ready to hook my shit back up lol. I hate having almost 2k worth of audio equipment and it all just sittin in my house... drives me insane lol.

I feel your pain!

I have over 5G's into this build and I only got to bump it for about a month and a half.

Then my P.O.S. Irragi alternator fried.

It's been so long I can remember what good bass actually feels like! LOL

When I finally get done with mine, I bet it startles me the first time the Icon's hurl a note.

But damn, it'll be nice when it's done! (just in time for Slamology)

Yea itl be sick. I can't wait to hear it. I'm ready to hear mine aswell. I listened to it for about 2 days. Me and chop should be gettin started this weekend. I hope so anyway I'm ready to hear these beasts again. I was gettin some mini hair tricks before but I had the gain turned down a bit. Was kinda cautious with them haha. But it should be fun.

Ok well me and chop got all the wood cut for my box. Had lots of fun doing it. Thanks for the help chop!!! But I should have it assembled by the end of the week and completely done by next weekend. The box ended up being 4.33 per sub, seperate chambered @ 38 hz with 16 sqin of port per cube. So it is a little bigger little higher tuining with more port area. I can't wait to hear it and put it on the mic ;)

Stay tuned!!!

Got a few baffles and the port glued last night. Got some pics on photobucket but I will just post them up later. I should get some pieces glued tonight and the cut outs for the circle done. I'm hoping to have it done by friday hopefully before so I can attend a show in evansville. I'm taking this box a little slower so it doesn't fall apart as the other one did. I got some sanding and stuff to do aswell.

Every post is by you mikey lol always cussing we know the ns is better