CadillacMatt

Finally got some work!!

:woot:

A friend of the family got me started contracting for a construction company, he saw I had some experience in aviation and decided to give me a shot. It's something for now at least until I can go back to school and get my A&P degrees. We worked on the AFB today, completely tearing out a floor of an old office building. Feels really good to be working again... at first the guys I was with gave me shit for being a greenhorn, but I busted ass and surprised them I think lol!

Seriously screwed up my thumb today though.... before I started working... I went to get out of the truck too fast, put all my weight on my left hand and heard a *POP* dislocated my once-before-injured thumb pretty bad (FAIL!!) it popped back into place but I feel like a tool for that. Oh well hazards of life I guess? :D

They started me off pretty low on the pay, but seeing as I have no experience in this field I'm not sweating it. Gonna keep bustin' ass, I gotta prove myself to 'em.

Now I gotta run up to Lowe's and get the few remaining tools that I need!

:drink40:

Congrats on the job! I know you've been jobless for months...I know the feeling, it does feel great to start working again. Makes you feel more important (at least for me lol).

Good luck on your new job Matt :drink40:

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Congrats on the job! I know you've been jobless for months...I know the feeling, it does feel great to start working again. Makes you feel more important (at least for me lol).

Good luck on your new job Matt :drink40:

Thanks guys and you nailed it right there UpGradde.

Some people look at me strangely when I tell them it feels GREAT to come home exhausted and covered in drywall. :D

Just watch out for those painters and their overspray haha. Drywall dust is one thing, industrial enamel paints are another....