After retihinkin my budget I think Im going to go with one sa8, only problem is I cant seem to find many small amps for 400-600 rms. Anybody have a suggestions? I see kicker has a 600 and so does alpine but there lots of$$$

you could get a saz1000d. there good priced and a little reserve power is a good thing.

eh probably 200, I'm actually trying to buy back my old sae 1000 lol should of never sold it.

200 is a lot to you for an amp? Might as well buy a cheapo maxxsonics or something similar.

For 600 rms yeah, doesnt have to be brand new its probably just gonna get shoved under a seat.

linear power dps 200 on sale at linearpower.com ... very nice amp, good for SQ and impressive thump for a small amp. It gives the most power at 4 ohm mono.

200 is a lot to you for an amp? Might as well buy a cheapo maxxsonics or something similar.

And would he hear a difference between the "cheapo" maxxsonics and something else

OP you could wire it up and get the RMS you need. Like 2ohm or 4ohm. your amp would love you long time if you did so.

Don't have it yet, I like to buy amps before I buy subs. Gives me more choices that way.

There are dozens of amps around !

2 channels amp can be really cheap on the ssa store, at powermax electronics, or on ebay. Try one if you're on a tight budget.

But you should get a 4 ohm sub to run your amp at 4 ohms like others have said.

Btw : why such a small sub ? Can't you try a 10" ?peepwall.gif

Well I was thinking an 8 because I could put it on the floor in front of the center seat, so its looks pretty. Plus I can add more later. Seen a setup with 4 of them under the backseat, but I cant really afford all that right now.

If you get the D2, the SAX-125.2 is more then enough power. :)

Alpine's v-power series has a 500 watt monoblock, the MRP-M500. 300 watts at 4 ohms and 500 watts at 2 ohms. Just look in google shopping; I saw one for only $140, but they have a set subsonic filter so you'd have to deal with that, but beggars can't be choosers.

Check db-r if you can squeeze a few more bucks out and look at their refurbs; I got my SAZ-1000D for $200.