worstenemy453

12" Warden T/S Specs

Quote directly from jacob with a little fun fact. I know a lot of people would like these so here ya go.

RE: 2.22 ohms

FS: 47.83 Hz

Qes: 0.36

Qms: 6.43

Qts: 0.34

Le: 2.0 mH

Vas: 11.97 L

BL: 24.86 NA

Cms: 33.219 uM/N (super stiff)

Mms: 333 grams

Sens: 87.45 1w/1m

BL^2/RE: 278 (nice!)

A standard 9" diameter SPL motor with 8-layer 3" coil typically has 150-200 BL^2/RE... so this thing is strong.

Only thing I have stronger is the Monster prototype (10" slugs and 12-layer coil) @ 360 but the coil is 50% heavier than the Warden and also a 42mm WW so has less excursion.

- Jacob

and just so its clear........I dont even know what those numbers would equate to when you plug them in a box building program, but please continue to follow our recommended enclosure sizes when it comes time to build your box

And just so it's clear........I don't even know what those numbers would equate to when you plug them in a box building program

I do it equals 1 loud ass mutha!

How were the specs pulled, as in method or tools?

:o

Mmmm motor force :droolcup:

17 years old and a Warden, here we go.....

Best to start out good! :fing34:

Except he has had this sub for a while now, only thing he managed to do was blow the dustcap off of it......

and just so its clear........I dont even know what those numbers would equate to when you plug them in a box building program, but please continue to follow our recommended enclosure sizes when it comes time to build your box

Absolutely agreed on that one. This type of woofer will not look right in a box model program but works great in suggested box from IA.

Yes, WT2 was used.

Strongest motor on a sub I've tested with a 3" 8-layer flat coil - hands down... 50-100% stronger in terms of BL^2/RE than most big boy 9" diameter slug SPL motors.

Very impressive driver.

I dropped the 12 into a very basic enclosure and did 151.4 dB at around 25% maximum throw on the driver... this was with almost no tuning time. I could see these doing big numbers easy -- of course they already have :)

Absolutely agreed on that one. This type of woofer will not look right in a box model program but works great in suggested box from IA.

So, as a long-time LEAP/LMS user, I'm curious about the WHY? I've been on a couple of other forums related to SPL-specific car audio

woofers, and have seen this same information time and time again. What specifically is it about these types of woofers that causes them

to confound modelling software? And what exactly turns out wrong when using something like LEAP?

I confess that I haven't taken the time to model these drivers (yet), but I'm intensely curious about the results. I will, given a bit more spare time,

make an effort to plug in and run the numbers. It would be greatly beneficial to hear from those board gurus and regulars, so that I might be

able to make some changes to the way I run my numbers.

Thanks.

Update... tested one of the 15s I re-coned recently and the BL came out more in line with Nick's expectations -- BL^2/RE was a full 355 (BL itself was 26.84).

The 12" model may have had an issue when tested.

Great job IA... that is a SICK amount of motor force :)

Agreed!

So what's the recommended enclosure for 12" warden because I can't seem to find it in IA web.

Thanks

2-3 cubes with 30-50" of port