Mark LaFountain

Ernie's 2 12" Demo Car Build | New PICS p4

Me too! Been a long time getting stuff together for this damn car things are finally slowly taking shape.

Here is a small update. Got the car aligned yesterday drives straight now! Also have pics of my new toy for the front stage. IMG_1117.jpgIMG_1118.jpgIMG_1119.jpgIMG_1120.jpg Hopefully next week with my best efforts I can finish the Front stage. I need to finish the kick pods, redo the door pods and Rewire everything from front to back! I also Already have everything cut out for my box but it will be put off until front stage is complete and dialed in.

Edited by sound=vibration

So Yesterday I finnaly got time to work on my car again! Decided to redo my radio harness, when I purchased the car it was cut so I ran all my own wiring but lost things such as door chimes and such. Any how I picked up a donor at the local junkyard and got to work.

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Here you can see I had to work the harness up through the top of the dash where my hazard button sits. It was too short to repair it any other way.

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

Worked it back down and into is original position. I also pulled all of the wiring for my old setup.

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

Made a couple Mdf rings for the kickpods hopefully I wil get to work on them today.

Progress. :)

Here is nice update. Forced my self up early to squeeze in some time on my car. Heres what I have done on my kick pods.

IMG_1195.jpg

Here is the passanger side before I trimmed the fiberglass. dont mind the dash alot of things are pulled apart in the interior for the rewire.

IMG_1196.jpg

My trim line

IMG_1197.jpg

After getting it trimmed up

IMG_1198.jpg

An idea for what it will look like

IMG_1199.jpg

I was in a rush my girlfriend had to go to work so I skipped the pic of the metal straps for angle adjustment. Here it is dowweled up

IMG_1200.jpg

Driver side trimmed

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

As you can see it will be a tight squeeze with my clutch foot. I have realized I point my foot outward so It shouldnt be too much of a problem.

IMG_1204.jpg

was out later on and saw this in the restroom. WTF!

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

Still stuff stuck to the back. Oh well.

You can see where I couldnt work out one of the wrinkles. I will smooth it out later.

IMG_1224.jpg

Stretched this one tighter using staples as well as hot glue

IMG_1226.jpg

Ignore the crock pot next to it lol. Here is both pods ready for more glass.

IMG_1228.jpg

Storm rolled in so I snapped a pic of the view from my balcony!

IMG_1229.jpg

Driver side test fit

IMG_1230.jpg

Pass side

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

resined

Glassed

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Final product. Need minimal clean up. They will be wrapped in black carpet to keeep a stock look so not too worried about the small inperfections, however they are relativly smooth as they sit.

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Time to work on the Doors!!! Stay tunned for them next week. Feel free to comment as I will be doing more fiberglass work to the doors and will need it. This is the first time I have done this the previos fiberglassing was done by my older brother. Enjoy.

Nice job! Going to do anything in the stock speaker location?

Nice job! Going to do anything in the stock speaker location?

I have one of two options with the doors. Angle them toward me as I did with these or leave them on thier regular plane and mold them into the door much like Marks door. Of course not quite on that level but similar. They will however house another Carbon Mid for a total of 2 on each side. When I get my new tweets in the pillars will be glassed as well to fit my tweets in. I sure hope I have the front stage wrapped up next week as I will start driving it again at that time and NEED tunes!