Sign in to follow this  
erik67111

2 12s or 1 15

wow ... not enough info dude ...

your driver enclosure (sub box) installation, how much room you have to work with (type vehicle)

sound quality or spl, street loud or competition,

basically the most info you can give us, the better we can help.

2-12's

Do research, don't buy something because others like it. Buy something YOU will like. You will end up changing it out later anyways.

Why you tell him 2 12s ??? :suicide-santa: you have no idea of his plans for his system ??? He wouldn't have asked if he knew the answer ...

its going in an extended cab z71 so i have plenty of room for 1 15 or 2 12 im looking for something that will be very loud get low but still sound very good

i was thinking 2 12 ssd fully loaded or perhaps 1 15 icon which would get louder on the 1500 rms

unless your cutting the back wall or losing the rear seat, you don't have the room ...

yeah it was out already cause i had a wall with 2 18 btls but i had to sell them and the amps to put a lift kit on my truck so i just need something to have for now until i can afford something else btw my amp is a powerbass asa 1500.1d

unless your cutting the back wall or losing the rear seat, you don't have the room ...

i have taking the back seat out so thats not a problem at all

I'm sure it can handle more than that. my suggestion would be 1 15 bacause of the stronger motor for more pressure.

Our SPL truck like that is tuned to about 54 to 57 htz. 2 15s in a Quarter wave wall does about 150 to 154db every time it goes on the meter with less than 1000 watts. (USACI 0 - 1000 watt modified class)

38239260065_medium.jpg ... 38239260046_medium.jpg

Edited by Cablguy184

I'm sure it can handle more than that. my suggestion would be 1 15 bacause of the stronger motor for more pressure.

Our SPL truck like that is tuned to about 54 to 57 htz. 2 15s in a Quarter wave wall does about 150 to 154db every time it goes on the meter with less than 1000 watts. (USACI 0 - 1000 watt modified class)

38239260065_medium.jpg ... 38239260046_medium.jpg

ok thanks i guess ill go with the 1 15 in 4 cubes tuned to about 33 or 34 that should be loud enough

best of luck to ya sir ... start a build log and show lots of pics. you will get alot of info help in the process ... :drink40:

Stop posting audio-related threads in the newbie sign in section. And start making better initial posts in threads, your total lack of helpful information to extract decent and helpful responses is not going to cut it.