tehboss

BTL problems continue

sealed box, turn volume down, or just listen to what you're playing and don't play low shit.

but its a ported box though

sealed box, turn volume down, or just listen to what you're playing and don't play low shit.

Just like he said: either get a sealed box for your subwoofer, turn the volume down or dont play songs with low frequencies in them.

Just like he said: either get a sealed box for your subwoofer, turn the volume down or dont play songs with low frequencies in them.

um i did some searching

would this work? Parts-Express.com:

To large of an enclosure limits the mechanical ability of the sub, decreasing power handling. Fixed settings on the SSF filter hinder the function if the box is tuned lower than the SSF filter setting.

See if you can add material to your exisitng enclosure to take up space. Try raising your tuning above 30 hz.

I agree with you :)

its not recommend using a sealed box for any of the BL or BTL series of woofers

Maxxsonics MX-3 Bass Controller

I was thinking the same thing. Why the hell would I seal a BL?

Nobody recommended for you to actually seal your BL, we gave you all the available options on how to deal with having an insufficient sub sonic filter. Pick the option that will help you out or is relative to your application :Doh:.

I cant tell you to use those little rca's because I dont have experience with them but it wouldnt hurt to try them.

Nobody recommended for you to actually seal your BL, we gave you all the available options on how to deal with having an insufficient sub sonic filter. Pick the option that will help you out or is relative to your application :Doh:.

I cant tell you to use those little rca's because I dont have experience with them but it wouldnt hurt to try them.

alright man thanks for the information.

I guess you live and you learn

ok, I was about to buy a 12 Fi BTL, I currently have a Rockford P1000 and the SSF is automatically set for 27hz. So what you guys are saying is that I would have to have a box tuned to 2-3hz above the SSF freq to avoid this problem? Is that correct?

As much as I have been on these forums the past couple months, I suprised that i have not come across this information. This should be posted on the Fi site cus people are probably damaging there subs if their amp SSF is not adjustable or not set correctly.

Correct me if what I got from this is wrong.

ok, I was about to buy a 12 Fi BTL, I currently have a Rockford P1000 and the SSF is automatically set for 27hz. So what you guys are saying is that I would have to have a box tuned to 2-3hz above the SSF freq to avoid this problem? Is that correct?

As much as I have been on these forums the past couple months, I suprised that i have not come across this information. This should be posted on the Fi site cus people are probably damaging there subs if their amp SSF is not adjustable or not set correctly.

It would be best to tune that way, yes.

But if you never play music below your tuning frequency, you never have to worry about it. If you have a box tuned to 35 hz and only listen to rock music with the kick drum at 65 hz or whatever, you will never have a problem.

It's the information that you get that is a sticker stuck on the outside of the box that says KEEP YOUR PACKAGING! and either a green/blue/white paper that tells you all about subsonic filters...and posted all over the internet in in the "MY SPEAKER BROKE YALL SUCK" type threads :)..when it's never any fault of the sub..always roots back to no subsonic filter and/or too much gain and/or having a stock charging system and trying to run 10kw off of it because they saw a video on the internet and they can do it too...

It's just like buying a brand new car and setting the cruise control on...and aiming for a bridge going down the interstate and driving the car right into the wall.

Speakers are stupid...they do exactly what you tell them to do in the environment in which you place them in :)...very much like the car that you drove into the wall :) They don't commit suicide just because it felt like it lol.

Hope this helps :)