mikeb890

What to do for 15" Fi BL

I think you might want to get a volt meter if you dont have one that way you know if you need an extra batt or not.

Yeah i was thinking of getting one of those stinger volt meters. I just dont know what number is too low and what it should be at roughly. If I do get a battery i"ll get an HC1800

Alright thanks for the advice, this site is the shit haha

So I'm going to go with:

15" Fully Loaded Fi BL

Sundown Sae-1200d (Thanks for that link cheese20323, will be ordering it thru there; I would love a saz-1500d but too much $$$)

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB

4 cu ft. box Tuned 33-34Hz

Big 3 Upgrade

I'll wait on an alt or extra battery to see if i really need it, hoping i wont since i dont have the money. I also have two Polk Audio Coaxial 6x9's laying around, but was told they cannot be added in. The box is going to be the most difficult thing for me probably. Asked my local shops if they could build one for me and the prices were around $400, so thats a no lol. Cant find any good ones online either. I will figure it out though.

I'll post some pics when i get started on things soon, and will maybe post some vids on youtube depending on how it sounds on my camera.

You can get a refurb saz1500 from db-r electronics pretty cheap. I don't know if anyone has said anything about that but I'd figure I'd help out. ;)

If you are around 13-14.4 volts with engine on, at 2000 rpm, it's good ! 12.5 v with no engine.

but if you loose volts on each heavy bass note, you have a problem.

I am not an electrical expert at all !peepwall.gif So, keep looking for more informations.

I can't understand why people tend to add a second battery before a bigger alternator. I'd love to have some explanations ! Even if I know a second batt is cheaper than a HO alternator, and easier to instal.

For the box, take a look at the technical part on the ssa site(click on "home page" at the top of this page) : they have great designs that could work for you. They're also free to download.

You can go to the shop and order a custom design if you want.

Good luck

You can get a refurb saz1500 from db-r electronics pretty cheap. I don't know if anyone has said anything about that but I'd figure I'd help out. ;)

Hmm the only one i see is for like $500. I'm happy with what the Sae-1200dv2 can do though, and I cant afford to spend any more than the $315 for it anyways lol, even though having an saz1500d would indeed be sick.

You can get a refurb saz1500 from db-r electronics pretty cheap. I don't know if anyone has said anything about that but I'd figure I'd help out. wink.gif

Hmm the only one i see is for like $500. I'm happy with what the Sae-1200dv2 can do though, and I cant afford to spend any more than the $315 for it anyways lol, even though having an saz1500d would indeed be sick.

The bl is rated for 1000 watts rms, so the sae is enough, even if you have a fully loaded bl.

You should not feel the extra watts an saz 1500 will provide. If you want to enter spl comps, that can be different.

If you are around 13-14.4 volts with engine on, at 2000 rpm, it's good ! 12.5 v with no engine.

but if you loose volts on each heavy bass note, you have a problem.

I am not an electrical expert at all !peepwall.gif So, keep looking for more informations.

I can't understand why people tend to add a second battery before a bigger alternator. I'd love to have some explanations ! Even if I know a second batt is cheaper than a HO alternator, and easier to instal.

For the box, take a look at the technical part on the ssa site(click on "home page" at the top of this page) : they have great designs that could work for you. They're also free to download.

You can go to the shop and order a custom design if you want.

Good luck

Thanks bro, cuz i didn't have a clue on that really, i'll look up some more on it definitely. Lol yeah i wanted to do things as cheap as possible so thats why i was thinkin the battery. I bet I'm gonna have voltage drops, but I'm still hoping i wont lol. I remember looking up ho alts for my 03 civic and couldn't find too much, but I'll worry about the alt and/or batt if that turns out to be an issue. And thx for the info on the boxes too, since I'm planning to build it this weekend.