billystorms24

Box For 2 Audioque HDC3 12s 3k+ rms

Hey guys i came up with a design i just want to know if i did this right let me know its 4.4 cubes not counting port area and its 40 hz can somebody double check this and confirm what i did was right thanks

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

Edited by The Storms

Your gross volume number is right.

However, a 7" wide x 13.5" tall x 16" long port does not give you 4.4 cubes @ 40 hz. Factoring in sub displacement of .4 cubes (guesstimate), you have 4.53 cubes net and my winisd says it's tuned to about 48 hz. If you want a 4.4 cube box and tuning of 40 hz, lengthen the port to 28" and increase the gross box size from 5.9 to 6.3 cubes.

Your gross volume number is right.

However, a 7" wide x 13.5" tall x 16" long port does not give you 4.4 cubes @ 40 hz. Factoring in sub displacement of .4 cubes (guesstimate), you have 4.53 cubes net and my winisd says it's tuned to about 48 hz. If you want a 4.4 cube box and tuning of 40 hz, lengthen the port to 28" and increase the gross box size from 5.9 to 6.3 cubes.

those are my max dimensions could you design me a box? if need i could use 6 inch areos to make it work

If he doesn't want to design you a box the company in my sig can :fing34:

Contact DL Designz for enclosure fabrication and designs at DLAudioTech@gmail.com

^ Notify them as referred by Domenico Zerilli ^

That is an awfully high tuning, imo. If you still wanted a high tuning. A couple changes I would make are, the port is almost ending in the corner I would increase the port wall a quarter inch and throw a 45* in the corner. That would put your box at 4.18ft^3 @ ~38hz, im guessing sub displacement at .16ft^3 per sub also.

4cubes net @ 38Hz with 64^2 of port area would work well. If you can go bigger that would be even better since you don't have a ton of power on the subs. 4.25-4.5^3 net is what I'd shoot for...