Scuba Steve

Looking for some new 6.5

hey im having trouble with the rear pair of six and a half memphis mclass coaxials. I keep on blowing the crossovers, and they get crackly on me. The question is what do you guys recomend. I want something for like 200 a pair, and really really loud and clear, and coaxial.

Thanks, Steve

You dont need the rear speakers in the back of an Integra.

You cant even hear them

Yup... kinda wondering what is going on to make them blow like that...

Spend the money on a set of good quality components in the front, and an amp to power them.

hey im having trouble with the rear pair of six and a half memphis mclass coaxials. I keep on blowing the crossovers, and they get crackly on me. The question is what do you guys recomend. I want something for like 200 a pair, and really really loud and clear, and coaxial.

Thanks, Steve

ur blowing the xovers? how in the hell are u doing that?

see if u can't step up to the memphis sq xover, if u like ur mclass speaker. i'm sure ur dealer can order u teh xovers...hell, i fu want, i'll talk to my friend (read memphis dealer) and see how much a pair of sq x-overs would be. (i just snagged a pair of mclass 4x6 x-overs off him for cheap)

blowing xovers??? :banhim::Doh:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah im blowing the x-overs. i am running 150 watts rms to the pair, and the x-overs fried when i turned up the volume. and i do hear the back speakers, i sit all the way back in my seat so the speakers are aimed right at my head.

When I ride in my friends car ( integra) i sit all the way back and I have a good lean going on. If there was any speakers in the back i still wouldnt hear them over his components. You must have one set of really crappy front speakers if you cant hear them from where you sit.

There is no need for you to run rear speakers in that small car.

yeah im blowing the x-overs. i am running 150 watts rms to the pair, and the x-overs fried when i turned up the volume. and i do hear the back speakers, i sit all the way back in my seat so the speakers are aimed right at my head.

i wouldn't think 150 per pair would blow the crossovers...

but again, i'd look into the sq x-overs...they are biampable and of course built a bit better...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i talked to scott yesterday about the xovers...he figures u can pick them up for about $70pr. however, he says if ur blowing xovers and not mids, if u switch xovers, ur going to start blowing mids or tweets. his suggestion is to just go ahead and upgrade to sync componets and u'll be better off...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: