sundownz

Tutorial: How to strengthen spider landing glue on SA-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCScPpf01k0

Decided to make a video since so many people want to use these in SPL burp applications and high power (50%+ over rated power) and large enclosure (25-100% larger than suggested) applications.

For these applications you will want to run a bead of epoxy around the spider as shown in the video.

Has worked great for me... have done around 100 burps at over 1kw per driver in my CRX this way... hitting 153 dB.

The next run and forward will simply feature a bolted down spider to handle all applications right off the bat.

*** THIS IS FOR THE FIRST RUN ONLY -- ALL OTHER RUNS HAVE THE SPIDER BOLTED DOWN ***

Edited by sundownz

Bolted down spider omfg.....Good tutorial :drink40:

It can be done on any woofer with a lip on the basket around the spider landing -- handy trick if your applications puts alot of stress on the spider landing.

Will do!!

think i ill just stick to the extra epoxy....And i believe this technique is for any woofer right.

It can be done on any woofer with a lip on the basket around the spider landing -- handy trick if your applications puts alot of stress on the spider landing.

Does it adversely effect sound quality in any way?

Does it adversely effect sound quality in any way?

Not, it is just gluing the spider landing down better -- it does not interfere with any of the moving rolls of the spider.

Good stuff! I'll be taking all 4 of mine out and doing this before I start using them again. I'm running 4 in 5cu net tuned to 32hz off a SAZ-1500D :drink40: