codypt

18" BL fully loaded questions

One last question. What would be louder and sound better overall, a single 15 btl or two 12 bl? And would the 15 fit a lot easier than the 18?

I ask this because two 12 bl would be $550 and one 15 btl is less than $400. And they would take about the same amp..

do one fi blt 12" with every option and you could put about 3000rms to it safely and you wont haver to worry about air space

I just measured my trunk, its not square, but I measured the most narrow parts. Its about 3 feet wide, 4 feet deep and 20 inches tall. I could easily fit a 12 cubic foot box with room on the sides. I also rounded down. My trunks big, when I say big, I mean i had an 8 person tent in the back not folded up along with two 33 gallon trash bags full of clothes with my friend in there who weighs about 170. (Dont ask why he was in there hahah)

Theres also a thing in the middle of my backseat that comes out and would allow instant access to all the air in my car when opened. If im calculating the cubic feet correct, I could easily get over 10 feet which is more than recommended. Hope that helps, and my goal is to have something that bangs hard, while sounding good. And my budget is around $700-$1000.

I have a Grand Prix.

I haven't read through all the replies yet, but this caught my eye. The trunk itself, yes, is very wide and very large. However, the trunk opening is deceivingly narrow. Trust me on this. I had trouble fitting my 2.25 cuft ported box in the trunk (not saying fitting that size box in is hard, but I didn't think through the measurements very well), and I can tell you for sure, if you want to put a box in there that will really let the 18" breathe, you'll need to build it in the trunk. You're best off getting 2 12"s just like practically everyone else here has said.

Well I think im just going to end up with a 15 BL for price concerns and have it facing up so it will move into the cabin nicely.

Be sure to post a build log :P

Well I think im just going to end up with a 15 BL for price concerns and have it facing up so it will move into the cabin nicely.

And rattle the shit out of your lid too, good luck with your build.

And rattle the shit out of your lid too, good luck with your build.

Maybe someone can sit on the trunk when it's playing, :suicide-santa:

You don't think you'll have room to face it backward? I'd think you should have plenty enough room... In these cars (and in my experience), orienting the enclosure to be sub-back port-back is the way to go. That is, if you aren't willing to give up your back seat and seal the box off to the cabin... then you'd want to go sub-forward port-forward :OhYeah::lildevil:

Your option i would save some extra cash and get the 2 12inch bl's and get them fully loaded with the cooling and flatwind option then you would be wanging i took that option with the bl's i ordered :)

I just measured my trunk, its not square, but I measured the most narrow parts. Its about 3 feet wide, 4 feet deep and 20 inches tall. I could easily fit a 12 cubic foot box with room on the sides. I also rounded down. My trunks big, when I say big, I mean i had an 8 person tent in the back not folded up along with two 33 gallon trash bags full of clothes with my friend in there who weighs about 170. (Dont ask why he was in there hahah)

Theres also a thing in the middle of my backseat that comes out and would allow instant access to all the air in my car when opened. If im calculating the cubic feet correct, I could easily get over 10 feet which is more than recommended. Hope that helps, and my goal is to have something that bangs hard, while sounding good. And my budget is around $700-$1000.

HAHAHAH 12 cube box in a trunk of a CAR?!?!?! HAHAH ok NOT!! i dont care if you build it in the trunk or rip the back seat out for that matter what kinda car you got a 1990 crown vic?

You seen the pictures of my trunk... I rounded down as well and i used a 12" height instead of say 18" just to prove a point. And I cant save up for them as I wont be buying them(graduation gift).

SO should I face the sub torwards the cabin with port in rear, face up, or face away from cabin to the back of the car? Someone said to fave up and someone said to face torward the cabin is why im asking..