Sign in to follow this  
Frostedflakejake

TangBand and Ikesounds

Does anyone know where i can buy Tang Band speakers?

Also, has anyone on here bought from ikesounds.com? are they legit or scammers?

thanks!

Thanks Impious! It was actually your post on another thread in which you suggested that TangBand can be utilized for a good midbass set-up. I should have been more clear in my original post because i have found those dealers but i can't seem to find anywhere that sells the 8" midbass! I'm not too serious about buying any, just cruising around and thinking of future possibilities.

So would you by any chance know anywhere where i could get the 8" mid-bass driver? W8-1722 is the model number. And any idea why the price on the 6 inch midbass is almost twice the cost as everyother one?

And i don't know much about midbass at all, but would the 4" or 6" midbass really move alot of air? I have virtually no experience in this part of car audio but my Alpine 3522 seems like it would be perfect for those little 4" which wouldn't wouldn't be too bad cause then i wouldn't have to buy another amp! ha.

thanks for the info!!

So would you by any chance know anywhere where i could get the 8" mid-bass driver? W8-1722 is the model number. And any idea why the price on the 6 inch midbass is almost twice the cost as everyother one?

I do not know about that driver specifically. My suggestion would be to email PE and ask them directly. They're always very helpful....if they don't carry it, they may direct you to someone who does.

As for cost.....I'd imagine it's a lot more expensive to build. There's a lot more steel and a larger magnet in that driver than their other, they may also have more engineering time and more parts tooling into that driver which would increase cost, etc.

And i don't know much about midbass at all, but would the 4" or 6" midbass really move alot of air? I have virtually no experience in this part of car audio but my Alpine 3522 seems like it would be perfect for those little 4" which wouldn't wouldn't be too bad cause then i wouldn't have to buy another amp! ha.

thanks for the info!!

A 4" driver will not be capable of reproducing midbass at a realistic level. Output is determined by the amount of air the driver is able to displace. A 4" driver simply lacks the necessary cone area to displace a sufficient volume of air to reproduce those frequencies at a realistic level. Most 6" drivers realistically lack the necessary displacement to reproduce the frequencies most people play them at with the output level most people expect out of them.

There's no replacement for displacement.

A 4" driver will not be capable of reproducing midbass at a realistic level. Output is determined by the amount of air the driver is able to displace. A 4" driver simply lacks the necessary cone area to displace a sufficient volume of air to reproduce those frequencies at a realistic level. Most 6" drivers realistically lack the necessary displacement to reproduce the frequencies most people play them at with the output level most people expect out of them.

There's no replacement for displacement.

Thats what i was afraid of. Thanks again impious! I really liked the idea of the smaller ones, they would be much easier to fit!