Sign in to follow this  
SAMZ

Beginner Setup

first things first, should i order directly from the company or get the subs from a store.

So what ive been looking at

Ascendant Audio-Mayhem 18, Smd 18, and havoc 18

Fi-BTL 18

Rockford fosgate- Power 12 or 15, punch15

Then for amps i am looking at

Soundstream-XXX, Refernce

Rockford fosgate-Prime500-1, Punch400-1

I also dunno what are good amps, i alrdy have 10' pioneer subs in the car, and i have a 2005 toyota 4 runner

Thanks

Sam

first things first, should i order directly from the company or get the subs from a store.

So what ive been looking at

Ascendant Audio-Mayhem 18, Smd 18, and havoc 18

Fi-BTL 18

Rockford fosgate- Power 12 or 15, punch15

Then for amps i am looking at

Soundstream-XXX, Refernce

Rockford fosgate-Prime500-1, Punch400-1

I also dunno what are good amps, i alrdy have 10' pioneer subs in the car, and i have a 2005 toyota 4 runner

Thanks

Sam

Whether you buy direct or from a store is your choice. I would buy from the place that will give you the best warranty and the lowest price. If you buy direct you most generally cut out the inflated price and the middle man. Although sometimes you can get a great deal online at various retailers. Just do some research before you dicide to buy your equipment.

That Fi BTL is a 2000w RMS sub. The Assendant Audio SMD is 3500w RMS. And the Fosgates are only in the 250w - 500w RMS amps. Why such a wide margine of RMS wattage?

As far as brands of amps being good or not.... There are alot of opinions out there on that subject. Are you looking for quality, budget or somewhere in between?

There are alot of people that use Soundstream and Fosgate amps and like tham. But most likely just as many people who don't.

For the price and wattage output of the Fostate amps you stated, you can do alot better than those.

As an example and just to name a couple....

MB QUART DSC1000.1 - 1000w RMS ~ $180 at Sonic Electronics

Hifonics HFi1000D - 1000w RMS ~ $200 at Sonic Electronics

Among others. Too many to think of.

Something too kep in mind when trying to decide whether an amp is good quality or not. If it sais it will put out 3000w and only use 1 x 40A fuse. It's crap.

WOW. after looking at that SMD 18 and the MSRP of around $1100 (according to very little research on my part). And the MSRP on the Fosgate punch15's range from $149 - $299.

You might wanna do some more research to figure out what you want for sure. And figure out a budget that you are willing to spend on the whole lot and individually.

That's my 2¢ worth. But some one who knows more than I do may have other opinions as well.

Edited by ShaiTan

Your all over the place.

Slow down and put up a decent post if you want some help. This one fails! :suicide-santa:

Your all over the place.

Slow down and put up a decent post if you want some help. This one fails! :suicide-santa:

+1

Also telling us about the rest of your system, goals, max box size, and budget for sub, amp, and box will help. When you ask a well thought out question with all the info on this forum you will get alot of help.

What's you're budget?

Because you sure as hell couldn't afford a SMD, if you choose 500W amps...