Sign in to follow this  

I was just given an orion d2400 its powers on but goes into protect then esp then protect again. I opened it up and i dont see anything wrong no fried mosfets in fact i dont see anything fried. Still smells new im gonna have a diagnostic done on it but what do you all think is wrong

Broke! tongue.gif

Most likely outputs!

Output transistors! Most likely won't be able to tell unless you have a DMM.

I have a dmm are those cheap to fix how do i check with my dmm

I wouldnt fix it myself but how much do you think that would cost to fix

Just a guess, somewhere around $75-150!

Getting an amp free and being able to fix it is ........ Priceless!

I just got a Kicker ZR360 from a friend, never seen this amp in my life before (it doesnt power up or go into protect so Im gonna see what I can do with it). :peepwall:

Thats not too bad considering i got it for free

Definately a good thing!

hey i don't mean to rain on your parade but when my kickers output transistor went i also had a few other piece on the output go i don't remember what the other piece were but my bill came to nearly 200.

also to fix this you need to be able to solder on the board and you have to be careful and have small tools.

fixing an amp isn't like fixing a car (due to amps having small @$$ pieces to deal with) ti is a little bit more then that. like do you know the part number(s) you need do you knwo if it is JUST the output trans? it could be more or not even that! also do you even know what a transistor is?

i am sorry i am not try to rain on your parade or belittle you heck i don't even know your knowledge of or background so if i am wrong please correct me.

Im not going to fix it myself even if it costs me that mich i didnt spend any any the amp itself so it no big i know some im not going to clAim to know everything but im no dummy

Sounds like whats happening to my SAZ-3000d :peepwall:

Thats what i thought and thats a good amp right?

Cannot say either way since they were bought out by Directed Electronics. Most likely it is a good amp!

I got it back from getting a diagnostic on it. He said somethings shorted out in it but he said he cant be sure he said it could be the speaker outputs that are shorted