freemanjc

How is my Dual FI Q 12 wired in realtions to Ohm Imedance

Friends

A few months ago i purchased a Sundown Amp SAE 1200D and a FIQ 12 Dual 2 Ohms. I need help in determing the massive cause of my voltage drop inmy 2006 SRT8 with a Batcap 400 and a BatCap 800.

I not sure if my system is hooke dup in 1 ohm impedance or 2 ohm imedance. I know there are many experts here that can help me in just a few seconds. Attach is a picture of my amp and I have annotated where the wires are hooked up. I just need help in determining is the amp wires are in the correct locations. I specifically told the shop to set my subs up in 2 ohms but talking to everyone I think it is set up in 1 ohm impedance which I did not want.

Is there anyone here that can provide me a digram on how to wire the Dual FI Q12 Sub in 2ohm impedance. I would greatly appreciate your help. I will also submit a picture laterof the wires on the sub once I get home and take it out of the box.

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreiated.

Well it appears that I do not know how to post a picture so help with that would be appreaiated as well. For the recors on the Sundown SAE 1200 D amp the wires are on the + & - on the inside, not the outer + & -.

r,

Free

Your sub will only go into 1 ohm or 4 ohms since its dual 2.... if you REALLLY want to, you could put it in 4 ohms, but you would only get about 300 watts off it.... This is how you should wire it to get it to 1 ohm for that "badass" amp :drink40:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Edited by BaMF101

Upload to your gallery on your Membr profile or upload to any photo hosting site and use the  code.

Your sub will only go into 1 ohm or 4 ohms since its dual 2.... if you REALLLY want to, you could put it in 4 ohms, but you would only get about 300 watts off it.... This is how you should wire it to get it to 1 ohm for that "badass" amp :drink40:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

It killing my electrical system. that is the main problem I don't want to blow up my alternator.

Can you provide a diagram for 4 ohm just in case I change my mind. I should have purchase an FI Q Dual 4 ohm sub. I guess You live and learn.

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

It killing my electrical system. that is the main problem I don't want to blow up my alternator.

Can you provide a diagram for 4 ohm just in case I change my mind. I should have purchase an FI Q Dual 4 ohm sub. I guess You live and learn.

Would cutting the impedance to 4ohms help with reducing the voltage. Can I buy another sub that is 2 ohm stable and run it that way to reduce the voltage draw. I think the RMS at 2ohms for the Sundown is 600 Watts RMS.

Orrrrr just upgrade your alternator and big 3 and save you more money :popcorn:

Currently there is no alternator (HO) for my 300c SRT8 that is less than 700 bucks

Currently there is no alternator (HO) for my 300c SRT8 that is less than 700 bucks

Who have you checked with? I don't believe that.

Just turn your gain down. That will draw less current.

Are the batcaps your secondary batteries or is one your starting battery and the other you secondary battery. I find it hard to believe you have two Batcaps and still dropping like that, when I had an 800 alone as a secondary battery I was pushing close to 2000rms with small electrical issues (I know my alt is way smaller than a 300C).

Give us more information on your install and make sure sub is D2 ohms and not D1 ohms that is wired to 0.5 ohms. Make sure it is wired right and take it out the box to see if it is. Just cause the shop did it doesnt mean they did it right (hopefully they did and it sis just some small issue). Have you done the Big 3?

Are the batcaps your secondary batteries or is one your starting battery and the other you secondary battery. I find it hard to believe you have two Batcaps and still dropping like that, when I had an 800 alone as a secondary battery I was pushing close to 2000rms with small electrical issues (I know my alt is way smaller than a 300C).

Give us more information on your install and make sure sub is D2 ohms and not D1 ohms that is wired to 0.5 ohms. Make sure it is wired right and take it out the box to see if it is. Just cause the shop did it doesn't mean they did it right (hopefully they did and it sis just some small issue). Have you done the Big 3?

I have the Car Battery + 400 batcap and 800 batap.

My setup is JBL 85x4, SAE 1200D, 1 FIq12, Audio Control L6i all wired in 5 gauge. I have not done the big three because I am not sure what it is or where to take it to have it done.

Could you tell me how could the ohms ever run at .5 ohms. I didn't see a diagram for that on http://www.the12volt.com. I am going outside to pull the speaker out to see if the wiring is correct. I would love to show pictures but the one I have are 2MB which can't be uploaded into my gallery. Thanks for helping me, I though there would be more assistance but oh well.

R,

Free

Just turn your gain down. That will draw less current.

My gain is slightly below half way a the 10 O'clock and my Audio Control is at the is halfway and the Bass EQ is at the 9 O'clock position. I think any lower there wouldn't be any bass at all or maybe I am going def.

I still have not located a Ho alternator and was told by a major HO provider that they have not made any for the 300C SRT8's or Dodge counterparts.

The Big 3 Wiring is adding wires to your factory wires to help out with your electricl, it consist of 3 wiring additions:

1. Negative battery terminal to cars chassis

2. Alternator Case or Engine Block to cars chassis

3. Positive battery terminal to alternator positive post

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/THE-BIG-3-t200.html&view=getnewpost

The Big 3 Wiring is adding wires to your factory wires to help out with your electricl, it consist of 3 wiring additions:

1. Negative battery terminal to cars chassis

2. Alternator Case or Engine Block to cars chassis

3. Positive battery terminal to alternator positive post

THE BIG 3 - SSA Car Audio Forum

Sounds interesting but who knows how to do this. Does an Audio shop? Dealer? I would love to try it but I have no technical skills what so ever. I'm still wondering about the .5 ohm load. How can that possibly happen? As far as the speakers everything was right but the wires going to the inside of the box. Both of the + and - was running from one side of the coils and not the pictured like the instructions. I am not sure it matters but I will have to wait and see in the morning?