pimppistol

too much power to normal speakers??

ok, so i just upgraded my stock head unit to a double din non touch screen thing, JVC something. its alright. i kinda miss my other.... i miss my steering wheel controls, and i hate how my antenna goes up when the thing is on, not just when the radios on. and it sucks that my ipod would be one of the 2 it supports that you cant control from the ipod. only the head unit... but besides all that

so, a few problems i might get professionally fixed tomorrow unless its a simple fix. before, i had my suboofer amp hooked up to the back speakers. i splaced into that. i know stupid, i got bitched out on another forum,which is why i have the new deck. so now, ts almost all hooked up right. the RCAs are hooked up normal this time... but it doesnt hit hard AT ALL. it kinda does... but not how i want it, and everything bass is turned up except the bass boost on the amp....

the problem i think, my car came stock with an amp to the normal speakers. so i had to get an adapter with some RCA male ends. only problem was, it came with 4, and the deck only came with 4 inputs. no room for subwoofers, the main reason i got the deck! oh no! so, my friend spliced those into the speaker wires for the deck. the ones i wasnt gonna use... do you get it? the green-+, purple-+, grey-+, and white-+...i think that was it. those were on the deck. i just hooked em up to the stock amp adapter thing.

anyways, the settings on the sub amp, the input all the way up, LP freq at 80hz, and bass boost and 0. on the deck... bass all the way up, mid 0, treble is one below bass or two i forgot. subwoofer volume is all the way up, and thats at 80hz too. my problem is that for one, theres a static noise. even when the volume is off, its staticy... two, if my volume is at 0, i turn it up to 1, and its at normal listening level. goes all the way to 50. but 1 is like, too loud if i wanna talk on the phone, or even to someone in the car. its not i cant hear, its just annoying its so loud when trying to talk... and im scared to go past 15. i really dont go past 10 now. but even then, not much bass at all.theres a lil if its turned all the way to like 13-14., and thats the other problem. its like the bass isnt getting enough input, OR the normal speakers are getting too much.

does any of this make sense? maybe someone here can help... if not, im gonna take it up to the shop and have them do it, and probably buy a kit to make the deck fit... its sticks out a lil too much i think. the part of the dash wont fit on right. dumb best buy didnt have any mitsubishi stuff there, or dodge, ro whatever itd be under

so, a few problems i might get professionally fixed tomorrow unless its a simple fix.

"Professionally fixed" is a high school student making 7.50 an hour, the same guy telling you a prefab box will work...

A week on here will give you more knowledge then that "professional"

Edited by BanginGMC

Doesn't sound like you made the right decision on that head unit. You should do some more research to truly find one that fits your needs instead of one that fits 50% of them. You still have a hackjob going on in your install.

professionally installed? is that better? whatever it is that the people who own shops with the highest end audio equipment in town do. if thats professional or not, im not sure... (just overpriced)

i love this deck though! looks nice and everything. i think its just the way we hooked it up. thats why i wanna get it .... whatever BanginGMC would call it, where true professionals do their thing.

professionally installed? is that better? whatever it is that the people who own shops with the highest end audio equipment in town do. if thats professional or not, im not sure... (just overpriced)

i love this deck though! looks nice and everything. i think its just the way we hooked it up. thats why i wanna get it .... whatever BanginGMC would call it, where true professionals do their thing.

No, you didn't understand what i was saying.

Just because its an audioshop doesn't mean they will do professional work, Mickey Shore in Michigan decided it would be a good idea for a ground to unbolt my seat.. wrap the strands of wires around the bottom on the bolt, then put the nut back on...

You get it now?

I agree with bangin, use this forum to figure out ur system u will learn so much more and it will cost way less than some of those "professionals"

Lol my first professional install the guy told me sealed is always louder than ported and it hurts the sound quality. Hmmmm

i need answers. if this site is so amazing like yall say, i need answers! do i need to bypass the stock amp? buy a new amp to replace the factory amp to the speakers? do i need new speakers? why is there static? is somethign not hooked up right? why is my bass not hitting hard, even when everything dealing with bass isall the way up? why do my speakers get so loud even before 15?

i went to the store, he told my i needed to get a new amp for the speakers. he said probably MB audo i think... mb something. cuz its small and it will fit where the factory amp was.

i need answers, cuz this guy wasnt helping either. i need answers soon cuz the love for my car has gone down a crap ton. i hate my car right now, and i hate driving it around

What subs and amp(s) do you have along with what speakers. You might have all sorts of setting out of wack on the radio.

Hell my first "professional" install

the guy didnt have enough 4 gauge ground wire for both of my amps so he wired them both with 8 gauge and the soldered some 4 gauge wire to both of them then wrapped it around in electrical tape and grounded the wire.

Instead of running brand new wires to mt brand new speakers he only ran wires to the tweeters and crossover. he used the stock wire for the speakers and ran the brand new wire from the amp to the deck wiring harness to bypass running brand new wire through the whole car. he didnt feel like running the subwoofer rca's so i could control the sub with the deck so he just connected those rca's to the speaker amp bass output.

The only good thing i can say he did was solder my deck wiring harness.

Thats what i get for paying $260 for a full install

Did you use the factory ground for the head unit because sometimes you need to make a new (better) ground. That could be causing some of your static issues.

the amp and sub worked fine when it was spliced into the rear speakers... its a 1600w infinity, with a 12" kicker CVR.

and i probably did have everything crap on the stereo, but i reset it all last night. so everything on the deck is how it came. and there is no bass what so ever now. unless i turn it up near 20, but then the speakers are too loud. bass is quiet, speakers are way too loud, and im scared im gonna bust em, or somethign else might mess up if i have it that loud

You're radio just needs to be set properly.

Did you use the factory ground for the head unit because sometimes you need to make a new (better) ground. That could be causing some of your static issues.

they didnt give me much cable, but i used a bolt that was inside the place where the deck goes. i used the furthest one back.

and i dont think its the radio either. cuz even with everythign bassy all the way up, its just not right.still doesnt hit very hard, and when its like that, the inside speakers cant handle all the bass and sounds like crap

Edited by PiMpPiStOl

Does the factory amp have adjustments on it?

havent looked. i have to take off the passenger seat, and im not sure if i know how. i havent looked yet. im sure its just a few bolts right? i was gonna look a minute ago when i got home, but i got to work at 3

If it has a gain adjustment on it then you may have to reset that to match your new headunits output vs. your old stock heaunits output. This could be a reason for the much louder output now vs your stock

How is the headunit connected to the factory amp?

right now, i got an adapter, to where theres 4 RCA plugs, and only 4 in the back. so i got 2 male/2female things, so 4 cable are plugged to 2 plugs, and my subwoofer has 2 of its own plugs. its sounding alot better, and volume is right, but now theres no subwoofer options on the deck. i dunno why. and i have some bad bass rattle. i think its the rear speakers. gonna get some pioneers from best buy tomorrow. about 80 or 90 i think. 270w.

so its sounding good now, only problem is no bass options, except for the whole systems bass, and then theres speaker rattling from i think the rear 6x9 speakers. i hope its not from the subbut i cant really tell