Sign in to follow this  
erik67111

new truck

just bought a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 reg cab and im looking for some suggestions on subs to get my friend has a dual 12 box im buying from him and i only want about 1200 to 1500 watts rms so i dont have to get a h/o alt im putting dual batts under the hood and a alpine headunit rockford fosgate power 6.5s ill probably get a t1500bd so i need 2 12s that will sound good and get loud in a seal box

thanx in advance

Ok first of all your box should be based on the subs every subwoofer sounds better in a custom enclouse and sealed wouldnt get that loud. If its single cab truck i would go with two 10's ported if space is a problem. Not that much cab room so doesnt take that much cone area to make your ear's bleed. For the subs i would think about what you really want to go towards sq, spl loud and what you are willing to spend! need some more info bro.

There's quite a bit of room back there actually for a std cab. As far as what subs, it's hard to say. There's a lot out there. Wide price ranges, preference of sound. What might sound good to me might not to you.

For that power I'd ave to recommend what I have, 2 TREO SSi12.XX. And yea, I'd do a custom box for the too.