banginregal

two 15" re audio srx?

Found a good deal on ebay,orig wanted two sex but funds arent as good at the moment but want something new

I currently have two 15" cvrs

Will these srx s out perform the kickers?

Not sure if i want sealed or ported,leaning towards ported since these are sq subs so i want them as loud as i can get them,But still sounding good

my car is a 2000 buick regal

Stock alt

New normal batt

sub amp will be a memphis mclass 1100x1

Any input?

Found a good deal on ebay,orig wanted two sex but funds arent as good at the moment but want something new

I currently have two 15" cvrs

Will these srx s out perform the kickers?

Not sure if i want sealed or ported,leaning towards ported since these are sq subs so i want them as loud as i can get them,But still sounding good

my car is a 2000 buick regal

Stock alt

New normal batt

sub amp will be a memphis mclass 1100x1

Any input?

i just picked up 4 of these RE SRX and it sounded better/louder than my alpine type r's...

Edited by dunkoholic

hell yeah your 4 subs better be louder than the two. lol. Its more dependent on the box but yes the SEXs will be louder than the CVRs.

lol well im only getting 2 srxs but what type of enclosure would make them better them cvrs,or should i just wait and save for sexs ?

any box would make them better then cvr's lol...........cvrs are wack but neway go ported if u want them louder sealed boxes kill alot of ur output........the type of music you listen to will help determine whate you should tune at. i listen to mostly rap/hiphop....i.e. jeezy gucci .... but the guys on here told me to tune the box around 40hz with the music i play. it hits the higher notes damn good and still slams on the lows. i had it ported at 30hz 1st and the lows are all that sounded good

I had a CVR and a SR. The CVR will probably be louder on average but the SRX will probably be louder below 35hz. Of course the RE will sound better though. These are very different subs.

I listen to rap / hiphop mostly.

So go ported tuned at 40hz for the srxs?

@hemicoupe,i kno there different but i just wanted to see if they would be loud if not louder,

A 40 hz tuning for your box can't be good for music. You need to tune it to around 32hz.

Try to look for other subs, don't be too fast.

Maybe just one big sub can be enough for you if you're on a tight budget. You will add another sub later when money comes!

I feel you notorious,im going for one sex15 and get another soon after

tuning all depends on what sub you use. Some subs are more musical in the higher tuning freq's like audioques but some subs are good at the low end freq like fi subs or ssa's all depends on sub. 32-34 would be good for a daily driver to keep your sq straight.

It is legit but that is the SE not the SEx but why dont you go for an Fi better?

If anything you want an SE not an SEx(which is a stupid name as it is) because the latter version is when US Amps bought RE and they aren't very good now. Scott the owner of Fi and AA, designed all of RE's woofers so if your wanting to buy RE might as well buy Fi or AA.

x2 my cousin told me he wanted to buy some RE SEx to replace his older RE SE from 06 i told hem might as-well call it a downgrade. :peepwall:

Agreed.

But fi is like $400 a sub

If i had the money to spend on subs yes but i dont so i cant ,

Im lookin for se's but cant find any.

everybody is tellin me that sites a ripoff so no go

I ordered from www.audiosavings.com but they don't have the old Re's

looking for the older model RE audio subs try here Wooferstec.com

Edited by PT3005

The fi ssd cost 194 with shipping stock the RE is 160 but i think SSD is more comparable to the RE SX

The fi ssd cost 194 with shipping stock the RE is 160 but i think SSD is more comparable to the RE SX

interesting i was thinkin the FI BL was more comparable to the Re Sx, im thinking of replacing my sx 10 with a bl 10 some time soon :puzzled:

A 40 hz tuning for your box can't be good for music. You need to tune it to around 32hz.

Try to look for other subs, don't be too fast.

Maybe just one big sub can be enough for you if you're on a tight budget. You will add another sub later when money comes!

hell yeah your 4 subs better be louder than the two. lol. Its more dependent on the box but yes the SEXs will be louder than the CVRs.

Edited by BanginGMC

interesting i was thinkin the FI BL was more comparable to the Re Sx, im thinking of replacing my sx 10 with a bl 10 some time soon :puzzled:

The Fi bl with some options can prob out perform the SX. RE did make some nice woofers back then but now there good but just not as good...

So fi ssd 15s will be better then new re sexs and most def louder and more q than cvrs?

Ssds arent as bad as i thought in price,but what would i be expecting from them?