Sign in to follow this  
DCarter

15" BL Power Handling

Hey guys Im set on buying the 15" BL

the options im looking at purchasing is the Hyper Pole and Flatwind Coil and Daily

im looking at getting the Hifonics Brutus Bxi1610D amp which puts out 1200 RMS at 2 ohms and 1600 RMS at 1 ohm. I would rather have it on 1 ohm but can the BL with those options Handle that power Daily with no problems.. I wont be blasting it full too much. If not then i guess i gotta settle with 2 ohms :( but i heard Hifonics RMS is underrated?

I have stock electrical with Alpine Deck and a oversized Capacitor with 4 Gauge wire. Dont know the measurements but i'm going to put it into a ported box

thank you !

the options im looking at purchasing is the Hyper Pole and Flatwind Coil and Daily

im looking at getting the Hifonics Brutus Bxi1610D amp which puts out 1200 RMS at 2 ohms and 1600 RMS at 1 ohm. I would rather have it on 1 ohm but can the BL with those options Handle that power Daily with no problems.. I wont be blasting it full too much. If not then i guess i gotta settle with 2 ohms :( but i heard Hifonics RMS is underrated?

I have stock electrical with Alpine Deck and a oversized Capacitor with 4 Gauge wire. Dont know the measurements but i'm going to put it into a ported box

thank you !

since you have to ask then run it at 2 0hms but it will be fine on 1 ohm as well if you set your gains right and can control the volume knob. Check out Audioque AQ1200D for amp alternative as well.

alpine Alpine MRP-M2000 at 4ohms all i have to say to that question. Hifonic amps are power hogs you wont get more power out of it on a stock electrical system maybe even less find a amp with ratings at a lower voltage since your electrical isnt that beefy. THE alpine will also give you more power then it says ALL depends on how you can keep your voltage up on your electrical in your car :)))

thank you !

since you have to ask then run it at 2 0hms but it will be fine on 1 ohm as well if you set your gains right and can control the volume knob. Check out Audioque AQ1200D for amp alternative as well.

would the sub last long if i just turned down the gain and volume on the amp at 1 ohm ?

or would it be more beneficial if i just had the gains and volume up and set up on 2 ohms.. at 2 ohms you need to order Dual 1 ? am i correct

thank you !

would the sub last long if i just turned down the gain and volume on the amp at 1 ohm ?

or would it be more beneficial if i just had the gains and volume up and set up on 2 ohms.. at 2 ohms you need to order Dual 1 ? am i correct

yes the sub would work just fine if the gains are properly set....<double read that...but i would suggest also getting the cooling option on the BL also.

if the gains are set accordingly it will be fine. I would just get a duel 2 BL and wire it to 1 ohm

thank you !

yes the sub would work just fine if the gains are properly set....<double read that...but i would suggest also getting the cooling option on the BL also.

if the gains are set accordingly it will be fine. I would just get a duel 2 BL and wire it to 1 ohm

ohhh ok... I guess i will just find out the proper gains settings for that particular amp! thnx.. Would the bass booster blow the sub if i turned it on every once in a while..

im still debating if i should play it safe at 2 ohms putting out 1200 RMS or just take a chance with the 1600

do not use the bass boost, thats a disaster for sending clipped signals! and over time that will result in blown equipment.. Just go with a duel 1 and wire it to 2 ohms and call it a day

sorry for switching my opinion on which ohm you should run...but this will make your equipment last

do not use the bass boost, thats a disaster for sending clipped signals! and over time that will result in blown equipment.. Just go with a duel 1 and wire it to 2 ohms and call it a day

sorry for switching my opinion on which ohm you should run...but this will make your equipment last

yeahh i wasnt gonna hook it up anyway lol

yeah thanks.. im leaning towards doing that since i want it to last for a few years, but still can hit it Hard! Eventually i want to upgrade to the BTL with new electrical ;) not for a while lol

will 1200 RMS still pump the BL Hard?

thnx for your help man

yeahh i wasnt gonna hook it up anyway lol

yeah thanks.. im leaning towards doing that since i want it to last for a few years, but still can hit it Hard! Eventually i want to upgrade to the BTL with new electrical ;) not for a while lol

will 1200 RMS still pump the BL Hard?

thnx for your help man

oh yeah that will be perfect for the BL. i heard the same setup a 15 BL in a trunk where the seats don't fold down and it was loud

oh yeah that will be perfect for the BL. i heard the same setup a 15 BL in a trunk where the seats don't fold down and it was loud

thnx ! i just want it to be noticeably louder than my 2 12" MTX Jackhammers which are getting 250 RMS each.. do you think they will be ?

and LAST questions for you lol ... my budget allows for eathier just the cooling option or the Hyper pole and Flatwind.. Which one would be best for power and life span ?

thnx ! i just want it to be noticeably louder than my 2 12" MTX Jackhammers which are getting 250 RMS each.. do you think they will be ?

and LAST questions for you lol ... my budget allows for eathier just the cooling option or the Hyper pole and Flatwind.. Which one would be best for power and life span ?

well the hyper pole option comes included with the cooling so check the cooling and flatwind

well the hyper pole option comes included with the cooling so check the cooling and flatwind

ive done a lot of research and i heard the aq1200d is a very good amp.. is that true ? anyone know of any problems with them

im guessing i can hook that amp to 1 ohm with the BL ? and i believe i get the D2 for 1 ohm ?

ive done a lot of research and i heard the aq1200d is a very good amp.. is that true ? anyone know of any problems with them

im guessing i can hook that amp to 1 ohm with the BL ? and i believe i get the D2 for 1 ohm ?

yes thats a solid amp for the price..correct buy a duel 2 BL

yes thats a solid amp for the price..correct buy a duel 2 BL

I was just wondering what gains should be set at on an amp with getting full RMS output without clipping or ruining the amp and or subwoofer?

THNX!

Sign in to follow this