Sign in to follow this  
splguy1989

4 12's vs 2 15's spl wise

i have a 95 jimmy, with 2 cvr 15's and 1 sae 1200dv2. i am wanting 2 other choices for CHEAP spl, i will be buying another sae 1200dv2, db electrical 220a alt and couple kinetic batts, to TRY keep voltage around 14v to achieve around 1500rms each amp.

and i also dont want my back seat to go down. the choices are,

4 AQ SDC2.5 12s -- 4 L5 solo-b 12's

i know i gotta be careful with the barics, and they sound like :bull: , but i want loudest possible for best price. i want 4 12s.

also either of the new setups (4 12s and extra amp) will definitely be louder than my cvr 15's right?

if you can do a pefect box for the 4 12's then yes it will be louder then your current set up... but if you cram them in a box that too small or poorly blue printed then no.

if you can do a pefect box for the 4 12's then yes it will be louder then your current set up... but if you cram them in a box that too small or poorly blue printed then no.

i currently have 8cu after dis for my 15s, and did some measureing and i can get 9cu after disp for the 4 12s, so like 2.25 each, and thats giving the box area to breath on back for port, top, and sides

it will be subs up port back also

and new box tuning around 38-40

Edited by splguy1989

Why do you want such a high tuning for your box ?

oooh, sorry : you're on the spl side !!!peepwall.gif

Do you have budget for 4 Sundown sa12 ? That would be really cool.

Why do you want such a high tuning for your box ?

oooh, sorry : you're on the spl side !!!peepwall.gif

Do you have budget for 4 Sundown sa12 ? That would be really cool.

actually only 190 each shipped i may look into those, and have all sundown

go with the 12's

actually i think im pretty sure now, the 4 sa 12s, im just waiting till there in stock again lol

i saw a similar setup on THE tube, 4 sa 12s in a jeep subs up port back and it looked damn loud

i got to thinkin also....

what about 2 DD3515s vs the 4 sa 12's, both being in proper ported boxes, and same power 2 sae 1200dv2s

2 DD3515s > 4 sa 12s

or

4 sa 12s > 2 DD3515s

go with the 12's

actually i think im pretty sure now, the 4 sa 12s, im just waiting till there in stock again lol

i saw a similar setup on THE tube, 4 sa 12s in a jeep subs up port back and it looked damn loud

That was jacob's (from sundown audio) jeep. Looked sick indeed. I'm planning on going a similar route as you. 2xsae1200vd2 and 4 sa-10's.

You do know you can not strap the SAE-1200D, right?

Id go with the 4 AQs over the Kickers and the SA-12s over both. I'm thinking about putting 3-4 in my trunk when the money comes my way.

Edited by inkfx