Sign in to follow this  
mdever12

12" Li help

Hey guys,

So im gonna be buying a 12" lethal injection and the AQ1200d and i dont know what ohm load i should run it at. 2ohms and it would get 870 rms and at 4 ohms it will get 510 RMS. i have an 04 pontiac grand prix GT and i have the stock alt and battery right now. Thanks for the help!

You wantitloud or even louder??? lol thats mostly the question you asked. Run it at 4ohms first then try 2ohms which ever ohm load you like use.Onlydifference in the ohms is one's going to be louder so ill let you decide what loudness is plenty for you :))

You wantitloud or even louder??? lol thats mostly the question you asked. Run it at 4ohms first then try 2ohms which ever ohm load you like use.Onlydifference in the ohms is one's going to be louder so ill let you decide what loudness is plenty for you :))

haha thanks, im pretty sure i want it even louder, so should i get the D4 sub? and im either gonna but a prefab box that has an internal volume of 2.70cubic feet or ill build the optimal box for the 12" SSA ICON which will have a volume of 2.5 cubic feet and port area of 33.80 inches and tuned to 30Hz

It's a 600 Watt RMS subwoofer. I would recommend IA box spec and tunining and run your amp at 2 ohm (dual 4 ohm version). Keep the boost off and be sensible with the volume knob. That woofer will get plenty loud in the right installation. trink40.gif

Just remember to be careful with the volume knob and know the woofer's limitations and it should be fine. Good luck! I've had a great experience with mine.