Sign in to follow this  

Well, my Avionixx 4ch died on me, so while I'm having it refurbed, I think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade. Right now I'm looking at an Eclipse E4000, it's rated at 100w x4 @ 4 ohm but the guy at a local shop says he thinks it does more like 85w...I believe him too. Anyway, does anyone have any opinions on their amps? I want this to last me a LONG time, not just a year like the Avionixx...

http://www.smartcart.com/alneds/cgi/displa...item_num=EA4000

The shop is charging 320~325 out the door or I could get it 225 shipped off egay. Anyhow, opinions please! I want to purchase soon (like today)... I WAS gonna go with a PG Xenon 100x4 but it's too big.

when in the world did Eclipse overrate their amps?

Even if it is, he's not going to notice a difference with 15 less watts.

Want it now, pay the high price. Wanna wait, go Ebay. :fing34:

Even if it is, he's not going to notice a difference with 15 less watts. 

Want it now, pay the high price.  Wanna wait, go Ebay. :fing34:

there are a ton of controls on the top of that amplifer

THE's a sweet looking amp, was thinking about getting one myself. Eclipse amps are good, I've had a 36401 for about 3 years and it still performs as good as the day I installed it. I haven't been able to find any information on these new amps, but I would venture to say that their specs are like most other manufacturer's specs. 100x4 @ 4 ohms is probably the rating with 14.4 volts supplied to it and 85x4 is the rating with 12.5-13.5 volts supplied.

BTW the dealer I called about the EA4000 actually had to measure the amplifier's dimensions when I asked because he said they didn't have any literature on the amp because it was so new.

they were displayed at CES I think

makes me want to get one. Does any one know what kind of crossovers are built on those and maybe the 2 channel version?

:) bought one today for 300 actually...325 with tax. I'm gonna try it out and get the egay one anyway to save money, but the way it looked in the showroom was too sexy i couldn't leave without it. the way the "eclipse" lights up is VERY VERY unique, never seen anything like it. will post pics/clips when i install it, but i won't get around to it till monday :P

:) bought one today for 300 actually...325 with tax.  I'm gonna try it out and get the egay one anyway to save money, but the way it looked in the showroom was too sexy i couldn't leave without it.  the way the "eclipse" lights up is VERY VERY unique, never seen anything like it.  will post pics/clips when i install it, but i won't get around to it till monday :P

:gift:

UPDATE:

the bastard authorized eclipse retailer sold me a bad amp. i installed it in about 20 min today and the f*cker doesn't even turn on!!! all i wanted to see was the eclipse light up dammit! and yes, i know how to tie my own shoes, the wiring is fine, i rechecked about ten times, then reinstalled my old amp which lit up fine. right after i wolf my lunch down i'm gonna go hit up the store, exchange it, and install it in the damn parking lot to be sure.

UPDATE:

the bastard authorized eclipse retailer sold me a bad amp.  i installed it in about 20 min today and the f*cker doesn't even turn on!!!  all i wanted to see was the eclipse light up dammit!  and yes, i know how to tie my own shoes, the wiring is fine, i rechecked about ten times, then reinstalled my old amp which lit up fine.  right after i wolf my lunch down i'm gonna go hit up the store, exchange it, and install it in the damn parking lot to be sure.

oh no, good luck

UPDATE:

bastard authorized eclipse retailer is OUT OF STOCK!!! and of course i can't simply pick up a unit from another location since they're all franchised...the bastards! this is now a week of lonely driving. and to think that i didn't trust ebay lol... but they said tomorrow morning for sure. the next time i post here will be with vids and pics.

UPDATE:

bastard authorized eclipse retailer is OUT OF STOCK!!!  and of course i can't simply pick up a unit from another location since they're all franchised...the bastards!  this is now a week of lonely driving.  and to think that i didn't trust ebay lol...  but they said tomorrow morning for sure.  the next time i post here will be with vids and pics.

damn them,

ok now i really don't know what to do. got the new one, and it too doesn't light up. wtf happened here??? before i go back to the store and embarass myself, everyone please list the possible things that could've gone wrong....i mean shoot, the old amp still lights up, what is the deal here???

ok now i really don't know what to do.  got the new one, and it too doesn't light up.  wtf happened here???  before i go back to the store and embarass myself, everyone please list the possible things that could've gone wrong....i mean shoot, the old amp still lights up, what is the deal here???

Only thing that I can think of is that the eclipse is wanting to pull more current so your ground isnt strong enough. Or your remote may not be strong enought to turn it on. I dont really know. :(

Test it on a battery or charger. If it works properly, you have a malfunction in your wiring.

ok problem solved. who woulda thought that a fuse could go bad w/o even blowing??? now i'm kind of irritated though because this probably means my old amp is working fine...BUT i can tell you this much, this eclipse amp pumps my speakers about 2x as loud, no joke.