Sign in to follow this  
icy_chris

old sub

ok so my old sub quit working and was smoking in the box right took it out and decided to play with it and is working again but absolulely stnks when played but seems to pound just as hard wtf is going on? is it ok or is it bad to play like that

Sounds like you blew it..

yea thats what i thought they stink bad lol another question my amp wont come out of over current protecttion what couls cause that?

You are trying to drive a dead short..it's not going to come out of protect if you still have it hooked up to the burned up sub.

It's like throwing a wrench on a battery..

even after i take the sub out and all the wires except power ground and remote the light is still on for over curent protection will it stay on untill i put a good sub on it?

Sounds like you killed the amp too..

Unhook it completely and then just hook the power, ground and remote back up..

If it doesn't come out you'll have to get it repaired or get a new one..

kool it be fried then and it's not worth fixing to me only paid 150 for it what amp would you recomend for a 12 fi btl dual 2ohm daily driver w/cooling opt. ? my budget is around 350-400 i was looking at a hifonics brutus 2000 rms on ebay ??

Edited by icy_chris

kool it be fried then and it's not worth fixing to me only paid 150 for it what amp would you recomend for a 12 fi btl dual 2ohm daily driver w/cooling opt. ? my budget is around 350-400 i was looking at a hifonics brutus 2000 rms on ebay ??

I would recommend a audioque 2200d.

yea i did some research and i will be ording one of them thanks for the sugestion

Sign in to follow this