Sign in to follow this  
matthewkchalmers

Need help on making a decision...

Trying to make a few decisions. First, I have a 2005 Ford 500 SEL Edition, I am trying to decide if I should have my subs facing the trunk, or facing the seating part of the car. Second, anyone out there with XCON's that has had them sealed and ported and could tell me which one they seemed to think is better. I've have them ported, but I am curious to hear what they sound like sealed. Third, If I decide to stay ported, I am going to redo the enclosure for them, but having a hard time deciding what tuning to use, any recommendation? My last enclosure, I can't tell you anything about, seeing as it was junk in my opinion, and the person who built it in my opinion was an idiot, and probably partly responsible for the damage sub I have now, but in the end it was my fault. The only thing I can tell you about the box is the dimensions, Fourth, I am having a hard time finding a alternator to go with, a little info about my setup, 2 12" XCON's D2's, 2 SAZ 1500D's strapped, 1400 kinetik batterey, and a piece of garbage Duralast 860 in the front, and stock Alt, and a Pioneer Premiere DEH-P510UB. I know I need to improve on my electrical, but I have no idea what to go with, and I am finding it hard to find an alt for my car at all.

Outside Enclosure Dimensions:

Wide: 34"

Height: 16"

Depth: 25"

I didn't really think all the dust would show up on the radio picture but blackberry cameras ftw! lolsuicide-santa.gif

IMG00065-20100522-1353.jpg

IMG00066-20100522-1353.jpg

IMG00067-20100522-1355.jpg

IMG00069-20100522-1404.jpg

IMG00070-20100522-1404.jpg

IMG00071-20100522-1404.jpg

Edit:

For shats and gaggles,

IMG00072-20100522-1426.jpg

Again for shats and gaggles, I got 4 tickets in 3 weeks in this 2001 F150, and that's why it's in the driveway, it's bad luck lol. I've never even gotten pulled over in my 500.

IMG00073-20100522-1427.jpg

Edited by LuckyChalmz

Nice list of equipment you got there. :drink40:

If you built your box with subs facing into the cabin that would best, but you would need to seal off the trunk from the interior. If not, subs back port back facing the rear of the car usually works better.

I had 15's sealed and ported.

The ported got louder and sounded nice too. The sealed got pretty loud, but not as loud.

The attack and transient response sealed was awesome and they sounded a little better overall. Very tight and under control, but not quite as loud.

If you are not hell bent on beating the block and just want a great sounding sub that gets loud, seal them up.

If you want to turn heads on the sidewalk go ported. Hell sealed boxes are easy to build and MDF is $30, make one and give it a try. I do not think you would be disappointed.

Nice list of equipment you got there. :drink40:

If you built your box with subs facing into the cabin that would best, but you would need to seal off the trunk from the interior. If not, subs back port back facing the rear of the car usually works better.

I had 15's sealed and ported.

The ported got louder and sounded nice too. The sealed got pretty loud, but not as loud.

The attack and transient response sealed was awesome and they sounded a little better overall. Very tight and under control, but not quite as loud.

If you are not hell bent on beating the block and just want a great sounding sub that gets loud, seal them up.

If you want to turn heads on the sidewalk go ported. Hell sealed boxes are easy to build and MDF is $30, make one and give it a try. I do not think you would be disappointed.

Thank you sir, I think Imma probably stay ported, how would I go about sealing the trunk off from the interior? Also, if I were to have them facing the other way the port would need to be on the back of the box? I am interested in having them face forward, but if it's something I can't do then I'd rather save myself the trouble, and the frustration lol.

Edited by LuckyChalmz