Sign in to follow this  
icy_chris

extra battery

hi ive done the big three and now i'm looking at a 2000rms amp and looking to add a 2nd battery to run it and i was wondering if some one could explain how to do this and is it worth it to help the electrical of my car for an amp that size

Adding batteries help a lot.

basically wire it like you would your amplifier black to black, red to red. put a fuse block before the battery and before your amplifier.

I would suggest Xs Power batteries, or a cheaper alternative Deka Intimidator batteries

what size wire should i use and do you recomend to put the 2nd battery in the trunk close to the amp ? and what size fuse should i use 200amp ?

I would suggest the D925 from XS, although if you have the money i would do the 3100 for future upgrades.

ok and i would use o/1awg wire and a 250amp fuse right ?

and were wouls you sugest putting the batteryin the trunk or close to the other battery?

1/0 and the 250 fuses will be sufficient.

i would put it in the trunk, you can buy simple tiedown's at a local autozone etc

Does he need to get a battery isolator?

I have heard many stress this but do not know if

it is always needed or when it is?

What are the pros/cons to battery isolator?

I've never needed a battery isolator, some may but i really never used one, what can happen is your rear battery can be lower than your front battery thus draining your front. For me this never happened

a battery isolator is basically wired somewhat like an amplifier it has a turn on lead which when 12volts is put to it, it clicks and turns on and allows current flow, when the 12 volt is taken away it clicks off, preventing current draw from the rear to the front and vice versa.

I've never had this happen to me personally some do, i know Shizzzon uses them, but he has a fairly large battery bank running.

hi ive done the big three and now i'm looking at a 2000rms amp and looking to add a 2nd battery to run it and i was wondering if some one could explain how to do this and is it worth it to help the electrical of my car for an amp that size

battery size calculator

battery isolators

I wrote these to answer your questions. I see the same questions pretty often.

hope these help.

Edited by GlassWolf

battery size calculator

battery isolators

I wrote these to answer your questions. I see the same questions pretty often.

hope these help.

Good post :fing34: