Mark LaFountain

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, $hitty 1/4 mile time.

its all in the driver

its all in the driver

come on, how hard is it to run a automatic car down a straight line lol.

Watched this car do 4 passes, all horrible time for a car that is supposed to be a fast car. :popcorn:

:suicide-santa: 14.5 and 15 for a "fast" car????!!!!

They're not fast. They may have 300HP, but that doesn't mean it's fast. The turbo 4 is even worse. They are nice, "sporty" cars, but not fast.

That's a much better and accurate description of the vehicle......"sporty"

I went and test drove a manual v6 genesis thinking it would be fast. And I was seriously dissapointed. I figured it would be close to the stock 96 z28 six speed I was driving at the time. Especially with the camaro not running 100%. It felt unbelievably slow in comparison. Same with the 350z I drove. Then again I'm comparing a 5.7 liter v8 to 3.5 liter v6's. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It seems like whoever is driving that Genesis is slow to get off the line everytime.

well thats just it, they are supposed to be very comparable to the Nissan 350Z in speed, and that they are not. Just sad, hopefully the next version of this car comes out a fast one.

:suicide-santa: 14.5 and 15 for a "fast" car????!!!!

That is fast. Not fear of god inducing, bowel emptying fast, but its still fast. Most of the reviews I've read have it pegged in the 14.2-14.5 range. The six is nice but the Tau V8 would be even better. Still a nice car, though.

its all in the driver

come on, how hard is it to run a automatic car down a straight line lol.

Watched this car do 4 passes, all horrible time for a car that is supposed to be a fast car. :popcorn:

Haha i didnt say nothing about that car suppost to be all fast better off something else imo

well thats just it, they are supposed to be very comparable to the Nissan 350Z in speed, and that they are not. Just sad, hopefully the next version of this car comes out a fast one.

They may be, but the 1/4 mile is no indication of speed, rather quickness.

The McLaren F1 will murder a Veyron in the 1/4, but just slightly past that, the Veyron takes over and it wins the speed war.

14.5 is not mind blowing, but it is a decent speed. And for an auto also. The 350z is rated at like 14.1 i think?? But with a little work i think it would be better.

well thats just it, they are supposed to be very comparable to the Nissan 350Z in speed, and that they are not.

in terms of quarter mile performance, the Genesis Coupe 3.8 and the 350Z are neck and neck. The new 370Z is a good 1 sec. faster than either, though.

A T-5 swap will help. ;)